Topic today is about how we develop ourselves as bloggers and what are our favourite genres.
How am I developing myself as a book blogger?
The simple answer is tentatively and slowly. At this point in time it is a hobby and very likely will remain so. So what am I doing to develop my blogging skills?
- Reading other book bloggers, noticing how they review books.
- Writing my own reviews.
- Started a twitter account for book blogging @theBookDate
- Commenting on other blogs where appropriate.
- Joining a few book challenges. A couple of TBR ones and an audio one.
- Friending people on Goodreads that have book blogs I like.
- Joining a Book Hop, visiting other blogs and commenting.
- About to join a Book Ning.
- Reading up on what others say about book blogging and finding out the tensions there are sometimes between pros and hobby book bloggers. Forming my own opinions about that.
As I am still working full time, I don't want to over reach and over commit. I am doing what is feasible at this point in time. Small steps is my motto!