I completed all the challenges I set this year. I didn't always remember to link up reviews where and when they could have been, but I was satisfied with my organisation, and have a plan or two to help me be even more organised with 2015 ones. I know challenges aren't for everyone but while I enjoy being involved I will continue with them.
- TBR Pile Reading Challenge Completed October 2014
- The Eclectic Reader Challenge Completed December 2014
- Read It Again Sam Challenge Completed December 21st 2014
- I Love Library Books Reading Challenge Completed May 2014
- Full House Reading Challenge Completed September 2014
- EBook Reading Challenge Completed December 24th 2014
- 2014 Audiobook Challenge Completed August 2014
- The Prequel and Sequel Reading Challenge Completed August 2014
- The Romance Reading Challenge 2014 Completed November 2014
- 2014 NetGalley Reading Challenge Completed
- Goodreads Reading Challenge Completed
- Reading Challenge Addicts Completed on 24th December.
My biggest challenge was the rereading challenge and I won't be doing a reread challenge in 2015. Maybe in 2016! There are books I want to reread, but then..... I want to clear some of the books in my TBR piles.
I also hosted the Full House 2014 reading challenge and this will continue for 2015. Thanks to all those who joined in.
Loved being part of:
- It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Thanks to Sheila at Book Journey
- BookBlogWalkers Thanks to Felicia at Geeky Bloggers Book Blog
- First Book of the Year Thanks to Sheila at Book Journey
I found this challenge very motivating. I was very faithful for ten months of the year. November and December saw me slip a little as end of year responsibilities and then tiredness overtook me. But I am back to it now and have signed up for FitReaders 2015 - the newer version of this challenge.
I also participated in the exchange of holiday greeting cards and linked up with someone from the Netherlands, India and the USA. It was a wonderful experience and I will certainly do this again, although I'll be more prepared this time. I wasn't quite sure what it exactly looked like, but thanks to three wonderful book bloggers I now have more of a handle on it. I feel I didn't do such a good job... but next time moving onwards and upwards! One book already taken out of the library that came as a recommendation and finding another blog with similar reading tastes was an added bonus. Thanks book bloggers and thanks to the organisers Judith and Courtney.
I enjoyed interacting with more bloggers in 2014, I thank each and every one of you for including me in this world and for your many book recommendations. I can't read all the books, but some I have moved to higher priority and some I have pursued and read.
Stats - pic from Goodreads
I read at least twenty three books by Australian authors in 2014 and nine by New Zealand authors. (Nalini Singh helped raise that total, hope I can count her as an NZer!) In total 157 books and 47 723 pages.
Five of my top books
The Glass Kitchen. Linda Francis Lee
Written in My Own Heart's Blood. Diana Gabaldon
No River Too Wide. Emilie Richards
Heroes Are My Weakness Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Do or Die. Suzanne Brockmann
There were more and I keep changing my mind, so much great reading in 2014.
Best of audiobooks
The Rosie Project. Graeme Simsion
The Husband's Secret. Liane Moriarty
What Alice Forgot. Liane Moriarty
More Than A Mistress. Mary Balogh
Breathing Room. Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Surprise Books of the Year
Really enjoyed The Promise of Jenny Jones. Wonderful western romance, published in 1997.
An amazing 5 star read, Seldom Come By, all thanks to Sheree over at The Eclectic Reader highlighting this book.
The Promise of Jenny Jones
Seldom Come By
Disappointing - Not for me books
Happily Ever After - Elizabeth Maxwell
Better Than Chocolate - Sheila Roberts
Rock Addiction - Nalini Singh
I wanted to like these books but for various reasons they just didn't float my reading boat.
Next Year I am looking forward to:
Books by favourite authors:
- Marie Force Fatal Scandal and all her other books out in 2015
- Catherine Anderson Silver Thaw
- Kristin Hannah The Nightingale
- Robyn Carr One Wish
- Sarah Addison Allen First Frost
- Emily March Teardrop Lane
- Susan Mallery The Girls of Mischief Bay
- Emilie Richards The Color of Light - next one in her Goddess series
- Nalini Singh Next ones in her paranormal series
- Lisa Kleypas Brown Eyed Girl #4 in Travis Family series
- Jill Shalvis Still The One - Animal Magnetism #6
- Wendy Wax A Week at the Lake
That's to name but a few. Other authors I am expecting a new book from, but not quite sure what they are publishing exactly in 2015.