April 30, 2017

Month in Review - April 2017

April

Welcome in, do join me by sharing your link to your look back at this month. I'm looking forward to visiting and seeing what everyone has been up to.  The link will be open for you to share your post whenever you post over the next few days.  Do visit each others' posts.

I had a good month, and I think I am sticking reasonably to my aim to read a few more books from my TBR and recently bought shelves.  This month there are not that many incoming books which should help! 

Total books read this month: 15

Books Read:
Etched in Bone  Anne Bishop  - audiobook
Almost Missed You Jessica Strawser
Any Day Now Robyn Carr
The Lake House   Kate Morton
Talk of the Town   Rachael Johns
The Little Breton Bistro   Nina George
Somebody Like You Donna Alward
The Secrets of Rosa Lee   Jodi Thomas
Wild Horses B. J. Daniels
Only Beloved Mary Balogh
Three Amazing Things About You   Jill Mansell
True Blue  Luanne Rice  - Audiobook
Lover's Knot  - Emilie Richards - Audiobook and reread.
Bridges - A Daphne White Novel.  Maria Murnane
The Chilbury Ladies' Choir   Jennifer Ryan

Plus one DNF.

Book Formats:

PaperbackFour
E-BookSeven
AudiobookFour
From TBR shelfThree
Review BooksSix
From my New Shelf   Two


Genres Read

Contemporary RomanceSix
Crime/SuspenseOne
FantasyOne
Women's FictionThree
Historical FictionTwo
Memoir


New to me authors.
Jessica Strawser
Kate Morton
Donna Alward
B. J. Daniels
Jennifer Ryan

Top Books for April

This was in audiobook format and a reread, but honestly the one I totally enjoyed the best. It does make a good case for rereading when you have forgotten a good deal of it but you know you loved it!

Another audiobook. Set in southern England in 1940, in a small village. Amazing, superb narration and brilliant story.

Looking Forward to reading in May...

A new one from Emilie Richards that is published in June
book cover

And a new one in Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. So looking forward to it. 
  
book cover



Incoming Books.
Paperback Books Purchased:


E Books Purchased:
book cover


Books coming from NetGalley 
book cover


Accepted to review
book cover


Audio Books 
In Audible sale...
book cover

And with my two credits...
book cover book cover



badge


So how did your reading month pan out?


14 comments:

  1. Great month! Thanks for sharing what you enjoyed, and for hosting our wrap-up links. Have a fabulous May!

    I see some books I am tempted to add to my stacks, like The Chilbury Ladies' Choir. I hope you enjoy Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great month! Enjoy May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome! Sorry to see you had a DNF. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great month in reading. Some good books there. I want to read Wendy Wax and Emilie Richards some day. I think I would like their books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous month! I love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to see your stats for the month, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy May!!! You had a great April - and I see we read some of the same books :) I have the Kate Morton book sitting on my shelf - I've read a few of her other books and have really enjoyed them. The Forgotten Garden is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you discovered Kate Morton, I devoured all her books. My favorite is still The Forgotten Garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Chilbury Ladies Choir sounds good. I'm always in for a superb narration! Good job on reading your bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great month with a nice mix of books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! 15 books! You sure had a good reading month! I've only read up to 6 books for April, but it was much more than in March!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always amazed by how many books you read! Wow, 15 in one month. I only read 4 books in April, but they were all excellent. And I have been doing VERY poorly on my TBR challenge because I've been reading for Booktopia & my 2 book groups. Back to my own shelves soon!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...