September 25, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Thank you to you all for your expressions of comfort and virtual {{{hugs}}} on the passing of my Dad last week. It has been a sad time for our family, and yet a very blessed time too as the ten of us gathered to plan the funeral Mass and celebrate his life at it.  His oldest grand daughter gave a beautiful eulogy, I was so proud of her.  When everyone pulls together it sure is a wonderful experience.  We shared quite a few meals together around Dad's dining room table in the days afterward.

Now we still have to dismantle the house and sell it, which is tough in itself but all in due time. I live only five doors away so will be keeping an eye on the house, turning on lights etc!

I didn't get a lot of reading done, but am slowly getting back into it.  Over the weekend we moved into summer daylight saving, so until you all move in or out of your own time zones with that this post may show up at a slightly different time for you.

What I read last week:

This is one book I read in the past week. An issue driven book on vaccination. Review to be posted, very worth reading.
book cover

What I am reading at present:

I am about to start listening to this. I did mark it as reading a few days ago now, but just haven't got there. Monday for sure I hope to start!
book cover

I was wanting the story of the character in this book so delighted to read into this one.
book cover

Up next:

book cover book cover

Last Weeks Posts
Sugar Pine Trail  RaeAnne Thayne
When We Were Worthy    Marybeth Mayhew Whalen
a divide

26 comments:

  1. Glad your family was able to all be together through such a tough time.

    Keep You Safe looks interesting- that tagline could be a bit chilling perhaps? - and Stolen Marriage looks good too. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that family was all together. It certainly helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued thoughts and prayers as your family goes through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad there was a lot of family support. Always items to wrap up.
    Hope you get some nice reading in this week. Balogh is always good. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had some good family moments.

    The Stolen Marriage is on my list this week, too. I hope we both love it. Thanks for hosting...and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your loss might be someone else's beginning. We're buying our first house from the adult children now that their father has died. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with you and your family. i know this is a very difficult time for your family. #hugs ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear that your father passed away. My thoughts are with you and your family. I like the look from some of those Christmas books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like a beautiful service. I like the sound of keep you safe and have the stolen marriage, which I read already but have yet to post my review on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I've been out of the blogosphere for a few weeks. I'm glad it brought your family together and you all had each other to lean on.

    I hope this week is a good one for you. Thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss my mom every day, and she has been gone since 2011. But she was such a powerful presence in our lives that I hear her laugh when someone says something funny and I am always drawn to everything turquoise (her favorite color). It sounds like you have many happy reminders of your dad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you lost your dad! Sounds like you have a wonderful and supportive family. Hugs to you and my sincerest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always great to have family with you. I'm glad you have that. Many hugs and sympathy to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes funerals are a blessing in that they bring families together. Take care.

    I love it when the Christmas books start coming our. It was good to see a couple on your list this week. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been in my thoughts this week. I'm glad your family was able to gather together. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to hear the family gatherings were helpful.

    I hope this week brings you comfort and happy thoughts and memories.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a good list Kathryn. I'm just trying to get all my contract reviews in LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list! And it's kind of hard to believe it's time to be reading Christmas books. Especially with the weather as hot as it is here, anyway. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember seeing Mother Knows Best in one of our catalogs at work. I'm adding that one to my TBR. The Stolen Marriage looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The time with family for celebration of life can be so therapeutic. I had two uncles pass away in June within three days of each other, and one of the funerals was out of province so I was unable to attend. For me, because I missed the funeral and celebration of his life, I wasn't able to properly grieve until I made the trip out there to see my aunt the following month and visit the cemetery and reminisce about his life. I needed that closure, and I hated to miss the funeral but there was nothing that I could do unfortunately. The cost of the airfare was just too expensive, but my aunt and my cousin both said how much they enjoyed our visit after all the emotions and drama of the funeral died down. It sure is hard to lose the ones we love, and we don't always realize the impact someone had on our lives until after they are gone! Be sure to take this time to care for YOU!

    Love seeing the Christmas books!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad to hear you were able to take comfort in being surrounded by family this past week, Kathryn. It sounds like you all honored his life with a wonderful good-bye. I understand how hard it all is.

    Hope you have some time to enjoy your books this week. It might as well be the beginning of summer here, too - our weather has been super hot, in the 90's!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Again, my condolences to you and your loved ones. How lovely the eldest granddaughter gave the eulogy. I bet he was smiling down upon that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dealing with that kind of loss is so hard...so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to know you found comfort with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed some time with family. It sounds like the funeral was a wonderful tribute. The cleaning out the house is one of those never ending and heartbreaking tasks but it is nice that it's so close to you. Hopefully that means you can go more at your own pace. I'm looking forward to the Donna Alward story too. I love her books and I've been hoping for George's story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...