September 21, 2017

Sugar Pine Trail. RaeAnne Thayne

book cover
Published: Harlequin
Date:  26th September 2017
Format: e-ARC
Pages: 384
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Publisher and Little Bird Publicity
Rating:
4.5 stars          Add to Goodreads
Librarian Julia Winston is ready to ditch the quiet existence she's been living. She's made a list of new things to experience, but falling for Jamie Caine, her sexy military pilot neighbor, isn't one of them. Julia's looking to conquer life, not become the heartbreaker's latest conquest. But when two young brothers wind up in Julia's care for the holidays, she'll take any help she can get—even Jamie's.

Happy to step in, Jamie reveals a side of himself that's much harder to resist. Not only is he fantastic with kids, he provides the strength Julia needs to tackle her list. She knows their temporary family can't last beyond the holidays, but the closer she gets to Jamie, the more she wonders if things could be this merry and bright forever…


My thoughts banner
Sugar Pine Trail - #7 in the Haven Point series by RaeAnne Thayer was just the perfect read for me at the right moment. Sometimes a light, well written and totally engaging book is just the prescription. 

This is the story of Julia - slightly uptight librarian who becomes less and less so as she becomes connected to two young brothers in a spot of trouble and she steps up to the plate. Very soon her heart is totally taken by them and so was mine.

She has rented her upper storey apartment to Jaime Caine, who so far has never been caught by any woman and really doesn't intend to be. But soon he finds he just might really like Julia and the two boys and together they all bond and do some really fun things.

Both Julia and Jaime have issues from their past that haunt them but... I loved watching them eventually share and heal and open their hearts. They are both great people and I must say I loved the Caine family and must go back and read any of the other books in this series and the Hope Crossing series that have them in. 

This was beautifully plotted and once I began reading it was just so easy to keep going. It had the right amount of heart wrenching moments, coupled with some chuckle out loud moments and some really sweet moments.   Plus two little boys who were a wonderful addition, plus three snooty cats and finally one....   No - not telling, read and find out.

I can only say I loved this book, a throughly satisfying read. RaeAnne Thayne - could be that she is turning out to be an author I'll be reading a lot more from.

8 comments:

  1. I have to give this author another try. I had read one of her books and thought it okay. Perhaps b/c the series started in the 90's or something. I like how you're devoted to many series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read (and enjoyed) Book Number 1 in this series...I need to grab some more books by this author. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good, wasn't it? I loved that it was set through the fall and winter season and holidays. A very heartwarming story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried anything by her, but I guess I should :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review Kathryn. I love RaeAnne Thayne and her holiday/winter reads are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thayne rights the very best Christmas books I think. This sounds sweet and I love the sound of the development of the bond. I'm just about to start this one and I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any books by Thayne- but I'm starting to think that I should pick up one of her books sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that does sound really good. I need to start her books so badly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...