October 23, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Welcome in everyone. Well here it is Labour Day so a long weekend which is very nice. My family spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning and tidying my Dad's property, readying it for going on the market. So I am feeling very tired today, therefore I feel a day of reading in my forecast!

I have very few review books in my calendar from here in to end of year and hope to keep it that way as I do some of my own reading.  I am wanting to complete at least a few reading challenges, one being the Better World reading challenge.   If anyone has a recommendation for a book that "takes place in a forest" let me know, that's next on the list!                                                    

What I read last week:

Both these are review books and reviews will be up for soon.
book cover book cover

What I am reading at present:

From my recently bought list I am reading

I am still listening to...
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.  I seem to be taking a while with it, but I haven't been listening a lot. Often I just like to work along in silence so audio doesn't get a look in, plus I've had talk back on the radio because we have just been dished up a new coalition government.

Up next:

Possibly The Round House by Louise Erdrich.  Just need to visit the library to borrow it.  This is a National Book Award book and will add a book to the Better World Reading Challenge.


Last Weeks Posts
The Greatest Gift     Rachael Johns
a divide



26 comments:

  1. I hope you’are enjoying 6our audiobook and your next book. Happy reading and have awesome week. ❤️😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day of reading goes a long way to relax and restore the body and mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of your books. I loved Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to enjoy your reading day. I don't have many specific review books left but I got a bunch of NetGalley titles added to my list.
    Happy Reading!
    Here are a couple of forest titles to check: The Golden Apple (The Dark Forest Book 1) - I haven't read this but I like the author.
    Also here are some of varying genres:
    Friends Within the Forest Green: A Forest Animal Fact Book - Children's book :-)
    Brigitta of the White Forest (Faerie Tales from the White Forest Book 1)
    Bear Mountain Bride: Shifter Romance
    A Yellowstone Christmas: Yellowstone Romance Series by Peggy L. Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get back to the audio once things settle down. Right now — sounds like the radio is the way to go. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do get your day of reading at that it relaxes and recharges you!

    I struggle with audio books because they do take longer to consume than reading myself and also there's the need to have silence around while you're listening to them!

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you probably haven't spent your weekend in a way you would have wanted to so I hope you get to enjoy your day of reading and get to relax and refresh. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful day of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Kathryn. I hope you enjoy all of your selections for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover on BLUE JEANS AND COFFEE BEANS.

    Nice you have no more review books...enjoy reading what you want.

    A book in the forest is The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue. It was an odd book, but interesting. It is about changelings - it is reviewed on my blog if you care to look. Just do a search.

    ENJOY finding a selection of your own reading.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be nice to read personal selections through the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you're reading some fun books. I also did some cleaning and organizing of my office and that felt soooo good. I hate clutter. Enjoy your reading day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a bit too much yesterday, too, and now I"m feeling under the weather. I bagged 10 bags of leaves, filled up my bird feeders, and put on my winter tires and taught my older daughter how to do it! Feel like I'm coming down with something now :(

    I have the perfect pick for a book that takes places in a forest: In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. I just finished the audio, and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goal is to get the number of review books I have down to nothing by the end of the year and then concentrate on my own books.

    I hope you enjoy your books this week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like some great choices Kathryn. I'm looking into the Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans, I love that cover. Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you're reading some good books. I just today bought Joanne DeMaio's new book and look forward to reading it in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a productive week. How nice to have a long weekend. October seems long here as we have no Monday holidays. November will pick up better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Joanne DeMaio's books. I hope you're enjoying it. Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. In honor of the 500th anniversary of the 95 theses posted by Martin Luther on the door of the Wittenberg Church, I am first and foremost reading Martin Luther: A Spiritual Biography by Herman Selderhuis and then here come the holiday ARCs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm currently listening to Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh.
    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are enjoying your holiday there today!

    Hmmm...books that take place in forests - a couple come to mind:

    Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
    http://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2015/09/fiction-review-prodigal-summer.html

    The Hearts of Men by Nickolas Butler (recently finished on audio):
    http://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2017/09/fiction-review-hearts-of-men.html

    Those first 2 both take place in the US, but in this one, a forest in Japan plays a large role in the story - The Three by Sarah Lotz:

    http://bookbybook.blogspot.com/2015/11/fiction-review-three.html

    Hope you enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've cleaned out a house before so I don't envy you that Herculean task. Hopefully you'll have some time this week to get some rest and refresh. I really need to try Joanne DiMaio. I love her covers so much! I'm curious about the Brenda Novak. I've had mixed results with her books so I'm always on the lookout for reviews before I pick one up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cleared out my own house prior to moving in April. I think I've not got over it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah yes, labouring around the house is an ongoing project for me. I just got back last week from spending three weeks clearing out my grandmother's house so it could go up for sale. Ugh. I didn't have my audio book on either because I was enjoying visiting with the rest of the family who were helping.

    The Brenda Novak book looked good and fun title for your next read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...