November 20, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide

Welcome in to another IMWAYR. The year is certainly sliding quickly to a full stop!   I think Thanksgiving is around the corner for some. I think you people know how to celebrate! 

Here I water the veg garden every day, I can't believe we've had no rain for ages and the soil is dry as. Living just kilometres from the beach means I have very sandy soil and it does dry out quickly. The lawn is all brown - looks like it usually does in the middle of summer.           

What I read last week:

Finished listening to this cozy mystery which I gave 3 stars.
book cover

And two review books... both thoroughly great reads in their respective genres.

book cover book cover
Edge of Darkness is already published here and comes out in USA in February.

What I am reading at present:

I've started to listen to...
book cover

And reading...

book cover
This is a book of short stories which I am reading for review. 
Also reading...
book cover

Up next

book cover

Last Weeks Posts
Duke in Shining Armor   Loretta Chase
a divide



16 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rain soon! We do enjoy our Thanksgiving. Looking forward to A Duke in Shining Armor on audio. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. November is almost gone and I barely saw it go by. You're so lucky to live near the beach. I hope your veg garden survives. I like the look of both your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, can't believe it. Looking forward to it though. :)

    Hope you get some rain soon! That's tough when everything dries out...

    Edge of Darkness looks pretty good. That cover definitely makes it look suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edge of Darkness caught my eye. I enjoyed Slightly South of Simple. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding the Lighthouse Keeper to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope we get some rain too. So very dry in my city and floods 150 kms away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I hope you enjoy the new Harvey novel; she is so great and I love her characters. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Kathryn, and I hope you get some rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edge of Darkness looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Karen Rose book looks good. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lighthouse Keeper looks good. ENJOY Slightly South of Simple.

    I hope you get some rain soon. Too bad we can't share ours...it rained for two days, but now is cold with a dusting of snow.

    Have a wonderful week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices Kathryn I'm knee deep in my February reviews! It's Thanksgiving week here in the US so I'm also getting ready to be with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am currently only reading one book for review right now-DO NOT ASK-by Elaine Williams Crockett, a political thriller. So I didn't make a post this week. Hope you will stop by anyways!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2017/11/fun-finds-and-sweet-swag-2-now-daily.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s so hard to think of someone watering when we just had our first hard frost!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edge of Darkness looks so good. I love Karen Rose but seem to have neglected her newer books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lighthouse Keeper looks gorgeous! It's Thanksgiving week here in the US and my to do list is a mile long but the day of is always such fun and I'm looking forward to all the yummy food. We have mostly clay soil here but droughts are still hard on them and then we end up on water restrictions which does not make for pretty grass! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...