January 22, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide

Hope you are all cruising along. I am getting there! Some reading, some sewing and some gardening because I must! Overgrown - you get the picture. Oh and I know this is very English/NZ but I've had plenty of fun cricket to watch on TV!   

We sold my Dad's house and the handover date is this Friday. An end of an era really, the house stands empty, all that is to be done is sign papers and hand the keys over.                                                         

What I read last week:

I finished listening to the audio of A Grown Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson and ably narrated by herself. While it wasn't my favourite one of hers it was still very good and I liked it. The three generations of women found a place in my heart.  

book cover

I also read this recently bought book...
Let's just say I am a Catherine Anderson book fan! This one was satisfying.

And this review book which of course I enjoyed as I do with most of what JAK writes, my kind of suspense novel - not too bloody or graphic!!
book cover

What I am reading at present:


A review book, somehow escaped me in my calendar. How did that happen, must have been Christmas excitement! As it happens this is a New Zealand author but I haven't read her before. This is about three women during WW 11.

book cover



I am about to start listening to this audio, purchased last year during Audible sales.


book cover



Up next:

A review book
book cover

Last Weeks Posts
Over the Teacups #6  3 short reviews

The Promise Between Us  Barbara Claypole White

Read Along With Emilie (Richards) Reading Challenge 2018
a divide



25 comments:

  1. I love the cover on The Tuscan Child; I hope it turns out to be a good one! What a bittersweet experience it must have been to complete the sale of your father's home; I can only imagine, Kathryn Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the sale of the house helps your family in the grieving process. It has to be hard! Promise Not To Tell is on my read asap list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be hard to part with your father's house! I recently had to do something similar when my dad passed, and it was very weird clearing the house out.

    Cricket sounds fun!

    The new Rhys Bowen looks interesting too! Love that cover of the secret Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you sold the house...one less thing to worry about.

    Enjoy your books. It's been a while since I read Joshilyn Jackson...I think I might have one of her books tucked away.

    I can't wait to read my copy of Promise Not to Tell. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for hosting, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been a bittersweet to sell your dad’s house (with all the memories) but such a relief too because it’s a difficult process.
    Reading wise, I hope you have a great reading week. Happy reading. ❤️😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be hard to finally sell your dad's place. It must contain so many memories! Hearts of Resistance looks like my kind of book and I look forward to your thoughts on The Tuscan Child. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah - letting go an era can be difficult. I am glad you are enjoying your sewing, reading and gardening. I like Catherine Anderson, JAK and enjoyed The Secret Hour a number of years back.
    Hope this is a good reading week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a busy week. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the end of an era for your family but hopefully the start of a new one for whomever is buying it. We bought our house under the same circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope everything goes smoothly with your dad's house. Many, many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hearts of Resistance sounds good. I like reading books set in that time period.

    I am glad that the selling of your dad's house went smoothly and quickly, but I know it is bittersweet. Big hugs to you, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is difficult to sell the family home. Luckily my brother took our family home over and at least we can still visit.

    HUGS on your sale. It sold quickly which is a good thing in some ways.

    Nice books...HEARTS OF RESISTANCE looks good.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have The Tuscan Child coming up on my reading list and I'm super excited. It looks wonderful. I agree about JAK's thrillers. They're definitely my kind of thriller. You have me wanting to read Catherine Andersen - well you and the covers. They all look fantastic! I can imagine the sale of your dad's house is definitely strange. I'm sure it's a relief but still. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a green thumb you have. I'm horrible at tending plants. I always forget to water them. I read A Grown Up Kind of Pretty some time ago and had enjoyed it, but I haven't read any other her works.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope it all goes well

    I ca't say O have ever watched Cricket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you for all that hard work to clean up your dad's house and get it sold! I know what a big job that is, as we moved my 92-yo FIL out here a few years ago.

    Hope you enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of Joshilyn Jackson before, but I love that cover so I'll be on the look out for her books now. Glad I'm not the only one who has books that fall through the gaps sometimes! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover of the Joshilyn Jackson book! So pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn’t it lovely when a book is satisfying? It seems as though all of your books this past week were good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finishing Enraptured by Samantha Britt as we speak- review will post today

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll be interested in your thoughts on The Tuscan Child. While I liked it I enjoyed her previous WWII era novel more. You've convinced me to get a copy of Spring Forward!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a week of enjoyable reading and listening ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've got some very interesting reads here. More to add to my TBR. Glad the transactions all went off smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a good week Kathryn. I'm knee deep in reviews.
    And I don't read/listen to Luanne Rice, there is a story here. When I first started reading again I loved mystery/thrillers the deadlier the better, then my husband was diagnosed with cancer so it was only romance because the thought of an unhappy ending was too much to take at the time. That's when I learned that Nicolas Sparks couldn't be trusted and I asked my librarian to point me to the romance section after she told me that they were safe books to read. I picked up Cloud Nine by Luanne Rice and used multiple boxes of tissues to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't recognize any of those but enjoy :)

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...