March 16, 2013

Ceremony in Death. TBR Challenge.

Ceremony in Death
J. D. Robb.
Published by Berkley Books.
Published May 1997.

Goodreads Summary.
Even in an age of cutting-edge technology, old beliefs die hard...

Conducting a top secret investigation into the death of a fellow police officer has Lieutenant Eve Dallas treading on dangerous ground. She must put professional ethics personal loyalties. But when a dead body is placed outside her home, Eve takes the warning personally.


I enjoyed this book, the writing was good, the suspense along with a little romance made a good recipe for a read that kept me actively thinking all the way through.  It had an interesting exploration of white and black witchcraft as a central part of the story.  And while the violence is a little gory, the humour is a good foil for it.

I particularly enjoyed the role young Jamie played in this book, he seemed a good match in skill for both Eve and Roarke.  I hope we meet him in future books somewhere.

I am way behind in this series, however that is good as I can read them as soon as I chase down the next one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...