December 31, 2013

Angel's Blood Nalini Singh

Book Cover of Angel's Blood
Angel's Blood 
Nalini Singh
Published: Orion 2011
Format: Audio 10 hrs 29 min
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Own audiobook
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best - but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear - failure is not an option... even if the task she's been set is impossible. Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other, and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. Because when archangels play, mortals break.
My thoughts:
I found this story quite different to the Psy/Changeling series.  While I liked it to some extent I did not become engrossed as I did with the Psy/Changeling books.  I am not that into vampires, or angels turning rogue and becoming viciously murderous and killing grossly.

That said, it still engaged me to some degree, and I will at least want to try the next book in the series, although I will read it rather than listen to it, as it is slightly easier to skim some of the gruesome details.

I really liked the Guild Hunters, and the angels and vampire characters sort of grew on me.  However it was Elena who redeemed this book for me, also her friend Sarah and Ransome another Guild Hunter.  Elena is one of those kick-ass heroines that I enjoy reading about.
3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...