2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @Because Reading.
Check in time for January.
- make headway with the J. D. Robb series so that I am almost caught up by the end of the year. At present I have completed #25, so by end of 2016 would like to be at somewhere around #38-40. Read two books. Strangers in Death and Salvation in Death.
- Complete the reading challenges I have signed up for in the 2016 year. Made a start on all book challenges.
- Read ten books by New Zealand authors. Ten books - not ten authors! Review the books I read for this. Read one by New Zealand born Judith Marillier. 10% achieved!
- take part in the April A - Z blogging challenge with my WordPress blog, Discovering Daisies. The sign up for that is 25th Jan. I also plan to have my posts prepared for the most before April. Have signed up and three posts written.
- learn a little more html and css via Lorelle's WordPress and the links she suggests. Study something each month and make adjustments to either my WordPress or Blogger blog as appropriate. Have been learning some html code at Codecademy when I got stuck on assignment from Lorelle's Wordpress. Finding Codecademy really helpful and structured. Have used what I have been learning to make some tables in month in review post for January on this blog.
- Visit reviews/posts linked to the reading challenges I host on Book Date blog. Have been visiting challenge reviews of challenges I host and sometimes leave a comment.
- make one quilt from beginning to end - a Quatre Foil Quilt, that I already have the material for. It will only be the second quilt ever, but larger than the first one I made. Looked at material for quilt and watched video. Too much else going on to do anything more.
- participate in the Fitreaders challenge again and meet my goal set for weekly steps - at this point 55 000. Have made my goal steps most weeks in January or exercised in other ways.
- Initiate some home updates e.g. painting interior - curtains - possibly kitchen too. I won't be doing the painting though, but need to see the process through. Biggie was having kitchen/dining and lounge painted. It is almost done! Thank you to my brother-in-law. And I helped see the process through so far!