December 29, 2016

Bookish Resolutions for 2017

challenge banner

This is hosted at Michelle at Because Reading and Laura at trips down imagination road.

Reading - 5

📗  Read Backlist Books.
Read some backlist books from authors I have recently (last three years read for the first time and enjoyed).

Authors such as...
Jane Green
Karen White
Mary Alice Monroe
Susan Meissner
Jenny Colgan
Joshilyn Jackson
Lisa Jewell
Jill Mansell

As well I have favourite authors from way back that I have a few of their backlist to read and I aim to include them as well.

For the sake of the goal being measurable I will put the number at ten. The books might be on my shelf already or I can buy them or find them at the library or they could be audiobooks. They cannot be ones that I am doing for the Homework Assignment Challenge or the Shelf Love Challenge.

📗  Reading Series

  • I'd like to sample a cozy mystery series - just to vary my reading a little. Two in the series will meet the goal.
  • Continue on with the J. D. Robb series and become completely current with it.
  • Find a new series to love that has a number of books in it. This may take awhile as I sample the first in the series to see if I want to continue. The goal is to find a series!
📗  Review Reading
I aim to keep these down. One a week would be ideal but sometimes I know might be more. I do not want to spend the year reading review books. So only ones I really want to read.  So no more than about 60 for the year. Even less is more of a win. Over 70 is a goal not met.

Blogging - 5


👀  Settle on and take part in a meme for the whole year other than the two I host. Participating in it at least once a month will count as achieving.  Most likely Top Ten Tuesday but I want to look around.
👀   Respond to comments as they come in on my blog.
👀   Keep my Review pages - year and all reviews page up to date. 
👀   Visit a few of the blog posts of those who are linking up to my Full House reading challenge. So 1-2 a week is the goal.
👀    Keep up to date with link ups during the year for challenges I participate in in 2017. I fell off in 2016 with those.

Personal - 3

👉  Walk -  set my goal at 45 000 steps a week, more when I can.
👉   Practise my free motion quilting and use it  on at least one quilt, even a small one.
👉   Keep on making quilts.  And use some of the fabric I have!

18 comments:

  1. Wow very ambitious for 2017 Kathryn. Good Luck and Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not updated my archive in months, sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of goals. I read cozy mysteries so if you want some suggestions, I can email you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viki, I am looking for either a Book or Quilt series. Any suggestions welcome.

      Delete
    2. Ok. I will get some suggestions to you soon.

      Delete
    3. Ok. I will get some suggestions to you soon.

      Delete
    4. Some suggestions : book series

      https://www.goodreads.com/series/46593-bibliophile-mystery

      Series by Katie carlise

      https://www.goodreads.com/series/50542-someday-quilts-mysteries

      A quilt series by Clare o'donohue.

      I have read books by Katie carlise but not Clare o'donohue but is on my list!

      Hope you find a series you like.

      Delete
    5. Thanks Viki. Will definitely check them out.

      Delete
  4. Great goals...and I, too, want to restrict my review books. I did pretty well about that in 2016. I don't like the idea of deadlines hovering overhead...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I hate deadlines too. I hate saying no, but I am and when I get a request with a widget I am going to wait at least 3 days to decide, so I don't go- Oh okay.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck to you with your 2017 goals, Kathryn. And wishing you a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great resolutions. Some are similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome goals! Good luck on your quilt! I really need to start making quilts myself!


    Here’s my Bookish Resolutions!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...