December 30, 2016

#Shelflove Challenge 2017

Banner
I am joining the ShelfLove Challenge this year for the second time. It is hosted by Second Run Reviews and Chapter Break. Go on over there to get the full deets.

My actual TBR grew over the year - it usually does especially when I go to the yearly book fair. I am beginning to get a handle on my Kindle books by my own Read the Books You Buy reading challenge, and those that escaped me are being sucked up by the Homework Reading Assignment Challenge. (Although I do have some in the dark regions of my Kindle). However I need a TBR challenge and this is the one that I like the most.  

In 2016 I got lost with the check ins and discussion posts, but with only four for 2017 that will work far better for me. I'll even put them in my calendar!

Shelf Love Challenge 2017 Discussion Posts

  • December 2016/January 2017:Joining the #ShelfLove Challenge 2017
  • March/April 2017: Top Unread Books That Have Been On Your Shelf the Longest
  • June/July 2017: Mid-year Check-in
  • September/October 2017: Top Books/Genres You are Addicted To
  • December 2017/January 2018: End of the Year Check in Post

I am going to choose the 11-20 pat yourself on the back. With 15 as my goal. I am not going on a book buying ban, but I am committing to reading 15 books off my actual shelves.

  1. Nobody's Angel   Patricia Rice
  2. Sweet Little Lies   Jill Shalvis
  3. The Girl Who Chased the Moon   Sarah Addison Allen
  4. The Secrets of Rosa Lee   Jodi Thomas
  5. Distant Shores  Kristin Hannah
  6.  Small Great Things  Jodi Picoult
  7. Family Baggage   Monica McInerney
  8. Belong to Me  Marisa de los Santos

5 comments:

  1. You have your books under control ^__^. I have two bookshelves created for 2017. I'm going to try to pick from them first. What an interesting tidbit about possum! Are they protected b/c their numbers are down or because they've been killed so many times? I love, love the possum mix yarn I'm knitting. I froggged what little was knitted and then started over with another sock pattern I own. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefanie possums are killed with no compunction and complete abandon here in NZ because of their pest factor. I am not sure about the Australian story but I know they don't multiply like they do here. Our climate or something must be too perfect for them. Plus they have no predators here where in Aussie I think there are.

      Delete
  2. Darn those yearly book festivals! I have the LA Times Festival of Books coming up in April. I really hope I don't buy too many books.

    Good luck with the challenge!
    Vonnie's Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. My books are no where near under control. :-) But this sounds like fun and good idea to calendar the discussion posts. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Shelf Love :) 15 books sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...