January 18, 2015

Fatal Scandal Marie Force

Fatal scandal book cover
Fatal Scandal
Marie Force
Published: Carina Press
Date: January 13th 2015
Format: Kindle
Pages: 290
Genre: Romantic suspense
Source: Own book

As a new year dawns in the capital city, dual scandals rock the Metropolitan Police Department—and Lieutenant Sam Holland is right in the middle of them. Chief Farnsworth is catching heat for the way he handled a recent homicide investigation, and Detective Gonzales is accused of failing to disclose an earlier connection to the judge who decided his custody hearing.

When Gonzo's fight for his child turns deadly and he has a shaky alibi, Sam must defend one of her closest colleagues. All while her husband, Vice President Nick Cappuano, settles into his new office at the White House.

Nick begins to wonder if the president is using him for a political boost, and his worries mount over a complication in the plans to adopt Scotty at a time when Sam is being put through the wringer by the always-rabid DC press corps. As the evidence against Gonzo piles up, Sam suspects someone is gunning for her—and her team.
My thoughts banner
Fatal Scandal is #8 in the series.  This series is addictive reading for me, I can't wait for the next one each time!  I generally read it pretty much as soon as its published and I had this one pre-ordered for a few months now.

So was I disappointed? No way.  As usual I was hooked in and enveloped in Sam and Nick's world along with their son Scotty and friends and colleagues.  This time around Nick is about to take up his new job at the White House and meanwhile many of Sam's colleagues seem to be being targeted by someone who has it in for them and .... perhaps Sam as well.

There are murders, much crime, some tension and nail biting ( that last bit is me). I recoiled a few times!! There is the warmth of family and the love of Nick and Sam for each other and some hot  romance that sizzles of course. Then there is Scotty their adopted son who is now thirteen.  Before the final papers are signed though they need to look for Scotty's biological father to ask him to sign papers.  Well how is that going to go? Sam's dad is still very ill and he's even making some noise about ending his life!  Not if Sam can help it.  

There is a cast of characters that readers have come to love and care about and we are updated on what is happening for them.  Shelby learns of Avery's (the FBI character) infatuation with Sam and she is none too impressed, especially as Avery, Nick and Sam have all kept it from her.  Watch this space.  How will Gonzo fare with his child's mother claiming what she is claiming? It seems everyone's world is turning upside down.

Looking forward to finding out what Marie Force has planned for #9! Will Nick make waves in the White House? How long will the Nelson administration keep him on the outer?  How will Sam come back to work from her latest escapade and will she continue to get away with having no secret service watch on her? And is there still a traitor in the Metropolitan Police Dept?  

How many months to my next fix?
5 stars


6 comments:

  1. I have one of her books on my Kindle, not sure which one. Sounds like I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series is the one I am totally hooked by. I like the others but this one I adore!

      Delete
  2. I love the mix of genres and of course nail-biting is always good..it means plenty of suspense! Awesome review I'm glad at book 8 this series is still delivering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fatal series is my addictive fix reading - it's like that reaching out for some yummy chocolate with a bit of a bite to it!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to see another Fatal fan loved this one! Yay! This series is so addicting, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...