April 11, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
And it's Monday! Where did the week go. Well I read a few books, made a couple of quilt blocks, went for a few walks, went to a 3 year old party and had a friend spend the day. And there you have it! Oh and of course taking part in the April AtoZ blogging challenge at Discovering Daisies. Time has been a bit of an issue so haven't done the visiting of other blogs so much.

I listened to a few podcasts and enjoyed the recent one What Should I Read Next? Mary Beth Whelan and Ariel Lawhon were interviewed from  She Reads.  They share their love for reading, what they are reading and the pressure that comes with all those books arriving on the doorstep. I thought to myself oh yes, I'd like to read that book that Marybeth mentioned, then awoke enough ( I listen at night) to realise the publisher was kindly sending me a copy to read. All of Us and Everything by Bridget Asher.                                                       

What I read last week:

All three books were great reads.
book cover  The Obsession

The Vintage springtime Club book cover Lies and Other Acts of Love book cover

What I am reading at present:

Just about to begin reading Lone Heart Pass - love Jodi Thomas books so expecting the best.
Lone Heart Pass book cover
Still listening to Marked in Flesh and really enjoying it.

Up next:

The war Bride book cover From Here to Home

Posts from the last week:

Once a Rancher by Linda Lael Miller

Wedding Ring    by Emilie Richards

Winner of Jan-Mar Full House Reading Challenge Link

a divide

29 comments:

  1. As you know I didn't mind The Obsession and mostly enjoyed it. I guessed the twist - only because there weren't a lot of options provided. But liked that the ending didn't get eked out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another week comer and gone- sounds like yours was nice. I got a bot of reading done as well, not as much as would have liked but enough to stay on top of things. :)

    That challenge sounds fun, and The Vintage Springtime Club looks like a nice spring read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my hands on The Obsession! I downloaded Lies and Other Acts of Love this week...looking forward to it. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you read some good books last week. From here to home looks good, is it a woman fiction book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is women's fiction Viki. I haven't read her before so new to me, but I have discovered she has written some quilting fiction ones so will be chasing those up at some point.

      Delete
  5. VIntage Springtime CLub sounds like a great read and timely for our end of the world!
    Would love to see your quilting - I'm a fan!
    Have a great week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you quilt Sharon? Hope you do! I am a beginner but am doing The Splendid Sampler which is a year long project online that thousands are doing!! Thanks for all your comments on the challenges, really happy to have you on board.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed The Obsession and Lies and Other Acts of Love as well. From Here to Home looks good, I'll have to check it out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a good week of books and quilting. I am interested in your thoughts on Vintage Springtime Club.
    I wish I had more time for blog visits too.
    Happy Reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lies and Other Acts of Love is all over the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an enjoyable week. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Lies and Other Acts of Love" is an intriguing title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a very nice week to me! I'm not familiar with the What Should I Read Next podcast, but will check it out. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did have a busy week but it sounds like fun. The Vintage Springtime Club looks interesting. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Here to Home - I love that cover. I am such a sucker for a book cover with a pretty house or cabin on it! I can't wait to read The Obsession and Lies & Other Acts of Love! I'm glad to know you enjoyed them both. I've heard great things about that Asher book!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will check out that podcast. I often wonder how others select books they read. There truly are so many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the books you've mentioned are new to me titles, but The Vintage Springtime Club has really caught my eye.

    I'm glad you shared about the podcast - it sounds really interesting!

    Happy Reading!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing Kathryn. Right now I'm finishing The Bishop's Wife for my in-person read tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great week for you. The three-year-old's party must have been fun. :)

    The Vintage Springtime Club is catching my eye.

    I agree about how these weeks just fly by.

    ENJOY all of your books and reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three year old parties...fun and also crazy! The Nora Roberts books sounds great. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have to move up Jodi Thomas this year to my new authors list. Friend time is always fun. I bet the toddlers were loving the sugar rush. Gonna try to work on my post today. Volunteered this morning and need to run soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need another podcast like I need a hole in my head. That said, thanks for mentioning this one so I can add it to my obscenely long listening list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Obsession! I can't wait to read that one and From Here to Home looks good too. I love What Should I Read Next! I haven't gotten to that episode yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a very full - and fun! - week with a nice balance of alone time & social occasions. Plenty of reading, too!

    Hope this week is just as good - enjoy your books!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope that you will have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you enjoy your reads they all look good. I put from here to home on my list. Hope to read it soon.looks like a good book. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love and Other Acts of Love is one of those books I've been seeing everywhere--I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. From Here to Home looks awesome - and of course the Nora Roberts novel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...