May 30, 2016

Its Monday! What Are You Reading? 30th May

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Can you believe it, May has spun past us. The year needs to be slowed down. 

Last week I went to my quilting class, did an applique teddy bear that between class and home lost. Gutted! Have searched the shop and my gear, just hope someone took it home by accident.

It has done nothing but rain here and heaps of thunderstorms, I slept totally through one which pleases me enormously!                                                         

What I read last week:

book cover  The Opposite of Everyone
I finished listening to The Opposite of Everyone during the week. I am not reviewing it here on the blog but this is what I had to say on Goodreads. 
"Audiobook version was spectacular. I loved it. I am always a little chary of an author reading his or her own book. Well Joshilyn Jackson does a superb job. As you can imagine an author is going to have all the pacing and nuances for the book they have laboured over for so long, and JJ sure does. If she wanted  full time work as a narrator I am sure the work would be there for her.
The plot itself is engaging. Paula is a big time lawyer, and life is about to rise up and hit her in all kinds of ways. The story weaves its way between her present and her past. The past sheds light on the present and intersects in ways neither Paula nor I saw coming.  It's the story of a mother / daughter relationship and the love that bonds whatever goes on in life. Even when things are bad and your daughter is in the foster care system.
I have to say I wept - with joy - at the ending." 
Would give this book more than 5 stars!"


One True Loves book cover Book cover Christmas Ever After
My review for One True Loves.   Christmas Ever After I am not reviewing here, it was a recent new buy for me, and I just so wanted to read this third one in her Puffin Island series. It has glitter on the cover, the story was so Christmasy and I think Sarah Morgan is at the top of the romance pile of authors. Just saying! I gave it 5 stars.
book cover
Review will be up next month. Have mixed feelings about this one.

What I am reading at present:

I am now listening to:
book cover
I am reading:
A book for review that got a little left behind!

book cover

Up next:

From books bought 2016 and wanted to read for a long time.
From the TBR shelf
book cover


Posts from the last week:

Heart Like Mine  Maggie McGinnis
One True Loves   Taylor Jenkins Reid

a divide

28 comments:

  1. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is such a great book. I love to listen to thunderstorms. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Saving CeeCee Honeycutt...and The Opposite of Everyone. One True Loves is on my list. Enjoy your weekend and the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection of reads. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must read your One True Loves review as I've been keen to read the book, though a bit mixed about a previous book by TJR from memory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope you get your bear back. Sorry to hear about the thunderstorms, I like them when they come and then go but if they stick around then they're no good. :) It's been sunny and warm here, guess summer is back in the north. Hope you have a great weekend and week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes this year is moving so quickly. Hope you find your bear. Sleeping can be a nice way to get through a storm.
    Love your high praise of The Opposite of Everyone and Christmas Ever After. I have put the Christmas one on my wish list. I love the pup on the cover of The Thing Is.
    Happy reading - Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I hope you are able to get your quilt back, where ever it ended up. Christmas Ever After has such a beautiful cover. And I've never seen that one for Saving CeeCee Honeycutt before, but it makes more sense than the one I have. You will understand what I mean once you read the book lol. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it and hope you love it as much as I did.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it's just May that has flown by - the year seems to escaping me! The Opposite of Everyone sounds good. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love glitter on a book cover! Hard to believe that winter officially starts this week, things have flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you enjoyed Christmas Ever After!! Loved that one. Need to read more by that author. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so agree that this year needs to slow down....CRAZY!!

    Love the cover on The Fifth Avenue Artists Society. Will be looking for your review.

    You will LOVE Cee Cee Honeycutt. ENJOY your day and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Opposite of Everyone has been added to my TBR audio list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to read Sarah Morgan's books and have a couple on my Kindle. They look really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh - 5 stars for Opposite of Everything! I definitely need to give that a second look :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Christmas one looks good, maybe it would cool me off during this heat wave. The Opposite of Everything sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year seems to be flying, I totally agree! Must read Joshilyn Jackson one of these days... I have A Grown Up Kind of Pretty in my audible library.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read your GoodReads review of The Opposite of Everyone and promptly ordered it from audible! I'm sorry you lost your Teddy Bear patch. I hope it shows up. This year is going by fast. Have a great week Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Almost June! No I can not believe it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review for The Opposite of Everyone. I am seriously going to have to listen to that one. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Kathryn I LOVE Sarah Morgan, I first started reviewing her when she strictly wrote series romance for the Harlequin Presents lIne and am right now reviewing her September release Sunsets in Central Park for RT. I so agree she's a definite go-to author for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always a great lineup, Kathryn! I'm a fan of Christmas reads, so will add this one...sorry about teddy - I'm sure someone will have news for you...
    If you're interested in a buddy read of CeeCee, it's on my tbr and would be happy to do that - Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like Mary Balogh's books, especially the Survivor's Club, which I keep reading all out of order. And I'm still keeping up with the "in Death" books, although usually at the paperback timetable.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to have to check out some Sarah Morgan books. I recently listened to her interview on the Smart Podcast Trashy Books podcast and found her very entertaining! Also, I have your blog flagged so I can be sure to flood you with comments this month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I listened to the audio for The Opposite of Everyone and loved it, too. I still have yet to review it, so it's coming up in a series of minis, I guess. I always find so many books here to add to my shelf. I really would love to read One True Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Havent read an audio since last year. Reminds me to go finish Allegiant. Books 1 and 2 were okay so not thrilled to hear the third book.

    Just curious, why do you review that book in Goodreads but not post in your blog?

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaori I guess I could have reviewed it here, I guess I just got a bit lazy!!

      Delete
  26. I'm glad to see I have The Opposite of Everyone on my TBR. I entered a giveaway for the artists one. I'm so sorry you lose the teddy bear. I'd be unhappy too after all that work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah teddy bear still hasn't turned up, oh I hate it when I lose track with what I did with something, but I guess move on and create another!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...