It has been a good idea to look at the goals mid-year and see where I am with them and what I need to do to hurry some up a bit. While writing the post it made me get back to the quilt I had left to the side. I like the new addition of the rules mid year that allow us to delete and tweak according to the number of goals. I think this is good because goals do need to be checked and adapted usually.
- make headway with the J. D. Robb series so that I am almost caught up by the end of the year. At present I have completed #25, so by end of 2016 would like to be at somewhere around #38-40.
- Complete the reading challenges I have signed up for in the 2016 year.
- Read ten books by New Zealand authors. Ten books - not ten authors! Review the books I read for this.
- At this point I have read up to and completed #32 in the J. D. Robb series so on track. Partial completion and on track.
- Reading Challenges are on track, see side bar. Some may be challenging to complete by end of year. Partial completion and on track.
- So far I have read five of the ten books by New Zealand authors. Partial completion and on track. Nicky Pellegrino, Nalini Singh, Jenni Ogden, Maria Lewis, Judith Marillier
- take part in the April A - Z blogging challenge with my WordPress blog, Discovering Daisies. The sign up for that is 25th Jan. I also plan to have my posts prepared for the most before April.
- learn a little more html and css via Lorelle's WordPress and the links she suggests. Study something each month and make adjustments to either my WordPress or Blogger blog as appropriate.
- Visit reviews/posts linked to the reading challenges I host on Book Date blog.
- I completed the April A-Z blogging challenge on my WordPress blog and so completed.
- I spent some time learning some html and css on Lorelle's WordPress and also did another online course. Satisfied with what I learned. Completed.
- I haven't visited blogs of the challenges I host for awhile so much and in fact this was an OTT goal. Not completed. ***Change to this goal for second half of year, as per the new rules and because it was way over the top I am deleting.
- make one quilt from beginning to end - a Quatre Foil Quilt, that I already have the material for. It will only be the second quilt ever, but larger than the first one I made.
- participate in the Fitreaders challenge again and meet my goal set for weekly steps - at this point 55 000.
- Initiate some home updates e.g. painting interior - curtains - possibly kitchen too. I won't be doing the painting though, but need to see the process through.
Personal Goals Update.
- Quilt - finished the blocks but got sidetracked with other quilt tops. I will endeavour to do something to the quatre foil quilt each month from now on to advance it along! Next year I will still be making goals around quilting but a little differently. So at the beginning of the month I had the twelve blocks completed. This month I did the sashing and now next are the borders. Partial completion and on track.
- I am still keeping up with my Fitreaders challenge. Partial completion and on track. I have got out there most days and if not walking some other form of exercise. This goal has been tweaked to 50 000 steps per week which is better for me at present.
- While I did get the kitchen, lounge, painted things have stalled since. I did have a whole lot of trees cut down outside too which makes a big difference to sunshine coming inside. Love privacy but love sunshine more! So partial completion. Next need to get bookshelf built, see about curtains and some new furniture.
As one of my friends said "Kathryn that is so much more you!" Even though the pink was a light colour I disliked it but took almost 15 years to change it!