November 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide

Well as I take time to prepare this post it is a beautiful summer's day. I've been to church - been for a walk, watched two of our national teams win their fixtures and so the day has gone well.  The sun is good to see as we had a very wet week with some flooding nearby.

As my Australian nephew-in-law said on Facebook to his concerned Australian friends - "we've had earthquakes and floods so now we just need the locusts and vermin!" We've had heaps of aftershocks, and they say within the next month we could have another big one.  Fingers crossed it will settle.

I've just been basting a quilt together, but found when I moved it I didn't have enough of the backing on one side so now I am in the process of taking all the pins out so I can adjust. No fun!!  Hence decided to come online. I try to keep Sunday mornings free of the internet and today I lasted well into the afternoon!                                                         

What I read last week:

From the recently bought shelf... The Summer Bride. A romance that I found thoroughly enjoyable.

From my TBR shelf. Three Wishes was about a set of triplets, quite wacky women and on the whole very enjoyable read.
book cover

The Bishop's Girl is for review and is a mix of contemporary and historical fiction. Thought  it a good read.

What I am reading at present:

Reading for review...
book cover

Still listening to....
book cover

Up next:

Most likely two from the recently purchased shelf
book cover book cover

Posts from the last week:

Every Dark Corner by Karen Rose - a character profile of Agent Kate Coppola



a divide

26 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed. Glad you enjoyed a sunny day. We had a sprinkling of snow, but it disappeared quickly. The Summer Bride looks appealing and I seem to read more romance in the wintertime. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there will be no more aftershocks or earthquakes. A warm sunny day sounds fantastic. It was cold and snowy today. I had hoped I wouldn't see snow till after Christmas!

    I still haven't read Three Wishes. I really enjoyed some of her newer books and should check out her backlist titles too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, I hope you don't get a big earthquake! Must be nerve-racking to get all those aftershocks. You've read some good books and Tamar looks good. I take Sunday mornings off from the Internet too. Hope you have great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some interesting looking titles in this post. I added the bride one. Are you used to earthquakes like us, San Franciscans? I wonder if my parents felt any while exploring at docked places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you stay earthquake-free there!

    I enjoyed Three Wishes and also Second Chance Grill. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I hope no more earthquakes and glad to hear you had a nice day! We got a dusting of snow last night, so there's that. :) It's cooling off too, but I guess that's what it does here in November. Hope you had a nice weekend.

    I liked the Morairty stuff that I read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had no other trouble following the quake and I hope it stays peaceful like that!

    I think I told you that I've read about 4 Barbara O'Neal books and like her style. She also wrote books under another name that were more straightforward romances in the past.

    Have a nice week, and don't stress the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny to hear you talk of Summer when I'm sat here freezing and wanting the rain to go away. If only I could earn enough to spend my time where it was always summer. Have a good week and I hope that things are settling for yourselves and your family with the aftershocks. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh good luck with your quilt!! I used to sew when I was in school and I did quilts with my family but hhaha...it's too slow for me. 😂 I'm too much of an instant person! I hope it turns out beautifully for you. :D I just finished reading Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young which was a bit underwhelming sadly. But I'm also listening to The Emperor's Blades and I LOVE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your summer day....we are freezing and have some snow. Oh well...we all get our turn at some point just opposite times. :)

    I hope you don't have any more aftershocks.

    And....you have good control if you stayed away from the Internet until the afternoon. I can't wait that long. LOL!!

    ENJOY your week of reading.....The Bishop's Girl looks good...love the cover.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the books you are reading/have read sound good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I Ever Wanted looks really good - I hope you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I love Liane Moriarty and Three Wishes looks great!

    I'm reading Troublemaker by Leah Remini and The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes #2).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have a nice selection of books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Moriarity! Have a great holiday week everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Liane's other books so I am going to have to add this one to my TBR list. We survived a blizzard late last week. Crazy weather! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I would be a nervous wreck with all those tremors! Good luck and hopefully the talk of another big one is just talk!

    "Three Wishes" is one of my favorite Moriarty books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tamar looks like a really great read. Going to have to check it out!

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some new to me authors and a few that are on my wish list and tbr pile.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read and Reviewed: "Red Death" by Jeff Altabef, "Christmas Embers" by Chautona Havig, "Carmilla" by Le Feu, "Keeper and the Rulership" by Emily Martha Sorensen and just posted "Little Morning Star" by May Sage. 8" of snow has shut down virtually everything...first of the season, just in time for Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely mix of reads. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you and your country stay safe. I love the sound and look of The Summer Bride.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Kathryn, the earthquake updates sound alarming. Glad to hear you are ok over there. The weather sounds lovely your way though :-)
    The books you have posted this week look great. I have had Three Wishes on my TBR pile for some time, I hope to get to it. Lucy Dillon's book looks good too. I also have a Deborah Challinor on my TBR pile, just not the book you listed.
    Enjoy your reads this week. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...