March 27, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 27th March

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Well I had another good week. On Tuesday I went into the city for a live show which was fun. It was part of the Women's Theatre Festival or WTF!  This one was a conglomerate of 6-7 minute acts by women. My favourites were one where the woman was being Melania Trump, seeking political asylum here in Australia. (You'll only get that if you live in NZ!). She just wanted to be a kiwi bird, it was full of political references to the USA and NZ ones as well and I loved it. Another one was a cooking show, the comedian was the sister of a well known cook here in NZ Annabel Langbein whose books adorn the shelves everywhere in bookshops.  Her sister did some cooking with no utensils, just a microwave and er... condoms!

Apart from that some reading, lots of quilting and well actually some walking was done as well. Pats self on back. I also cut up the chopped up pieces from the lemon tree so it would fit in a wheelie rubbish bin, so feeling like I accomplished things! Hope your week was good too.

We go out of daylight saving mode at the end of this week so timing of the post will most likely be an hour later.

What I read last week:

From the TBR shelf the first in a series. I enjoyed this romance although not sure if I will continue on with the series as going off straight romance somewhat. But.. you never know.
book cover

Two from the review shelf so reviews will be posted at some point. Both very good.

book cover book cover

What I am reading at present:

From the TBR shelf just starting...
book cover

Up next:

Review book

Posts From Last Week
If Not For You     Debbie Macomber

a divide


30 comments:

  1. The Women's Theater Festival sounds like fun! Your books look good, too. I loved Almost Missed You.

    ...and I am curious about The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I love that author...and have missed this one along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That festival production sounds hilarious! I have to admit living in Trump's America has made me think about moving once or twice ha ha. And we had the daylight savings time change a few weeks ago, it always takes me a few days to adjust. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That show sounds fantastic! Glad you had fun.

    I liked The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I usually enjoy her books and hope you enjoy this one too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The WTF sounds hilarious. I've not been to New Zealand but I do get the joke. (Closest I've been is three months in Tasmania). One of the good friends, though, is from New Zealand. I'm jealous of you getting back to standard time. We've been on Daylight Savings now for about three weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl Who Chased the Moon looks good. Glad you had time to walk and quilt too. My hubby and I have been getting some walks in too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your WTF show sounds like fun. Made me remember one we saw years ago called Menopause, The Musical. Very Funny if edgy.
    Looks like you've had some good reading. I hope you enjoy this week. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should read "Sweet Little Lies." I've read a few books by Jill Shalvis and have really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.. this is my first time participating. I need to read Jill Shelvis's books. I've already had one but haven't read it yet. I hope I can as soon as possible.

    Have a great week and happy reading. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh; the show you went to sounds amazing! What fun! I love that there is an entire Women's Theatre Festival; such a treat. I'm glad to hear you've had a good week and I hope this one goes well, too. I've always enjoyed Sarah Addison Allen's novels; a wonderful escape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Almost Missed You. It sounds like you had a terrific week. The women theater sounds like it was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an exciting week :) I'm glad you enjoyed Shalvis, it's on my shelf to read someday. I do get needing a break from straight romance though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Womens Theatre Festival sounds so much fun. I would love to see something like that. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices Kathryn I loved Sarah Addison Allen's Garden Spells books. She has a fantastic storytelling voice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Sarah Addison Allen's stories. This reminds me to pick up another one of her books. Have a great week and enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The WTF sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you had a good time and had a productive week. We just STARTED Daylight Savings Time, and I hate it!! It's harder on the kids to wake up in the dark and to go to bed while it's light. Makes no sense!!

    All those books are new to me. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just read a Shalvis novel for the first time this year, I think I will need to look into Sarah Addison Allen. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad ot hear you enjoyed the WTF. I bet that Melania Trump act was hilarious! I wish I ha been there ;-) Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read that Jill Shalvis series and enjoyed it. Although I do prefer romantic suspense to straight romance. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've listened to a Jill Shalvis romance on audio. Humorous contemporary or paranormal romances are my favorite types. I am STILL adjusting to our DST time change from a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a great week! The WTF (ha ha) sounds like a lot of fun.

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  21. That show sounds funny; it made me think of the time I saw the Vagina Monologues.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Women's Theatre Festival sounds like a lot of fun!

    I love Sarah Addison Allen's books. I hope you're enjoying The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    Here’s my Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet Little Lies is so enjoyable - love that series! I'm fairly new to It's Monday, What Are You Reading...thanks for hosting.

    http://readingwithbeth.blogspot.com/2017/03/blog-hop-mailbox-monday-what-are-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a funny short cut for The Women's Theatre Festival. :)

    Nice list of books.

    I have Almost Missed You too....I hope we both enjoy it.

    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  25. My reviewer Susan just reviewed Almost Missed You. She really enjoyed it. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just can't say no to romance, and Shalvis is one of my go-tos. Her new series is doing a good job filling the Lucky Harbor shaped hole in my heart.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'll read anything Sarah Addison Allen writes. I truly escape into her books.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WTF sounds hilarious! I love that it's called WTF! I want to read the Shalvis but like you straight romance hasn't been pulling me lately. The Sarah Addison Allen looks so good and is on my TBR. I read The Peach Keeper a few summers ago and loved it and have been meaning to read more. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Debbie Macomber is a great author! Have you read her "A good Yarn" series?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...