December 11, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide


Hope you are all well and relaxed over Christmas preparations. We still have very warm weather for this time of year and no rain. I've seen some posts with snow and one video of snow in Virginia. Yummy! My protect my tomatoes plans are working and no pecked tomatoes so very happy.  I have also picked my first beans. 

                                                         

What I read last week:

I finished One in a Million Boy  picked from my recently bought shelf. I loved this, such a heart warming read while being bittersweet.  How come I hadn't come across Monica Wood before, I'll be wanting to read some of her past books.
book cover
I had a change of plan of Christmas reading and read this novella. Frankly while enjoyable it was far too short and really didn't move the series along. I wondered if the publisher was just pushing a good thing!  I'll wait for the real thing later in the year though!
book cover

From my TBR I read this historical romance which was an enjoyable fun read.

book cover
I also finished listening to The Lighthouse Keeper.  While it dragged there for awhile I enjoyed the ending and overall not a bad listen.
book cover

What I am reading at present:

Reading this fantasy due out on January 2nd
book cover
Listening to a Christmas story

book cover

Up next:

Not my normal read but one to get me almost close to finishing the Better World Reading Challenge. Hope it doesn't traumatise me too much!
book cover

Last Weeks Posts
Now That You Mention It   Kristin Higgans


a divide

20 comments:

  1. I always have a hard time enjoying novellas. Sorry that book didn’t work for you. I hope you enjoy your new books this week. Have a wonderful week and happy reading. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved In a Dark Dark Wood...but it was pretty scary!

    Enjoy your week, and while the novella (A Bella Flora Christmas) was pretty short, I did like seeing the events from Kyra's POV...I don't usually like her at all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomatoes! I hope to be harvesting from my back garden in six months when summer rolls around to the northern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tomatoes from the garden. Mmm the best. And we're one of the places that got snow! It's pretty cold here. Hope you get some rain soon if it's getting dry there...

    The Bouchet books looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be stealing your tomato protection idea next summer. So glad it works. I loved the Ruth Ware book (and am just about to read her latest). I hope you enjoy, especially as it's stepping outside your normal read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you loved One in a Million Boy! I have it on my Kindle and just need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read A Bella Flora Christmas but didn't read the rest of the series yet. So, I was a bit lost. I need to start from the beginning. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tomatoes are looking great, Kathryn; what a treat! I hope you enjoy In a Dark, Dark Wood; I really liked that one. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a homegrown tomato. Hope you're enjoying the Thayne audio. I liked it but prefer her Haven Point series. They're all good reads though. Have a good week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I loved In A Dark, Dark Wood. One of my favourite reads for 2017. I'm jealous that you are reading the final book in the Kingmaker Chronicles.

    Your tomatoes look yummy! No garden-fresh veggies here at this time of year, and I can't have them in my yard anyways because the deer eat everything and I'd have to surround the garden with a high fence and I don't have the energy for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy on the tomatoes...I LOVE garden-grown tomato sandwiches. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Nice books.

    Have a wonderful week, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choices Kathryn I love RaeAnn Thayne, she will be up this week on my Harlequin holiday bash so check it out. Right now I'm reading a March release for Library Journal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tomatoes :D We never get many

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful tomatoes! Weird to me, though, especially since we have snow on the ground here (rare for this early this far south). It would seem so strange to have summer weather for Christmas...but I guess that's normal for you! No White Christmas on that side of the world.

    I read In a Dark, Dark Wood in September - very good. It is very suspenseful and creepy but well-written - hard to put down!

    Hope you enjoy that one and all your books this week!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most to all of those would be new to me. *sigh* I so look forward to not having to say that anymore...but I wonder if that will ever happen. I'm currently deciding what to read next (or in-between books, if you will), so I'm re-reading Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just as we are giving up fresh summer veg...yours are coming in! You have quite a few interesting books but I think Wendy Wax is my fave! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to continue that Kingmaker series. I loved the first one. Your tomatoes look awesome, so shiny and round and firm. Thank you for the beanie love. I made sure I had gauge as I learned last time that not all babies have small heads like mine did. I'm glad it brought a smile to the teacher who is a fabulous one. Her energy is like a race car. I like that she made my child think.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I loved In A Dark Dark Wood! The imagery is so creepy but it wasn't one of those books that creeped me out when I wasn't reading it. That's too bad about The Lighthouse Keeper. I love that cover! Yay for protecting tomatoes! It's the wrong season for us here but when I do have tomatoes my biggest enemy is squirrels. They steal them! After seeing your recommendation I'm adding One in a Million Boy to my reading list for next year. I hear Anne on What Should I Read Next recommend it but I hesitated but you've never steered me wrong! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I 've not got to any Christmas reads but I do like reading snippets from others lists.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my first, if not the first, time participating in Book Date. It is awesome that you still have warm weather! What kind of tomatoes and beans did you grow? We tried our first “black” tomato this year....but it was too mushy...of course, we will try a different one next year.
    Wow, “The One-in-a-Million Boy” sounds like a touching story! I added it to my Goodreads. In the real world, though we don't encounter them often, it is nice to know that there are people who fully live like this boy...I am graced with having a handful of such people be part of my life.
    Is the Better World Reading Challenge an annual/repeat thing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...