January 6, 2013

Lucky in Love

Audiobook: unabridged
Hachette. 2012

Author:  Jill Shalvis
Narrator:  Suehyla El Attar
Lucky Harbor #4 

 Goodreads summary:
Mallory Quinn has had enough of playing it safe. As a nurse and devoted daughter, she takes care of everyone but herself. And as the local good girl, she's expected to date Mr. Right. But for once, she'd like to take a risk on Mr. Wrong. And who could be more wrong than Ty Garrison? The mysterious new guy in town has made it clear that he's only passing through, which suits Mallory just fine...

I really enjoyed this listen.  Suehyla el Attar read the book well. It was the first one I had listened to her reading. I would certainly listen to another one that she read. I am sorry to see she isn't reading #5 of the series.

Jill Shalvis writes an enjoyable contemporary and I think so far, this would be my favourite one of the series. Mallory and Ty were great characters, and as well I have to say I developed a soft spot for Mrs Burland the town 'difficult old lady!' 

 I liked how Mallory developed from the 'good girl' who always smoothes things over for every one, and can be relied on to do all the extra bits called upon to do; into a tougher version of herself. 

The chocolate quotes beginning each chapter were fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...