March 31, 2013

The Best Man

The Best Man
Kristan Higgins
Published 2013 Harlequin
Format: Paperback
Pages: 426
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Own book

Back Cover Summary
Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she's ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family's vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there's some great scenery there….

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief—and best friend of her former fiancĂ©. There's a lot about Levi that Faith never noticed, and it's not just those deep green eyes. The only catch is she's having a hard time forgetting that he helped ruin her wedding all those years ago.


This is the first book I have read by Kristan Higgins, and all I can say is I have been missing out.  I really enjoyed this book, my type of read.  Full of humour and ridiculous situations, it provided me with some laugh out loud moments.  It also had great family relationships and times when the impact of losing a family member touched my heart.  

Anyone looking for a raunchy read will be disappointed.  Sure the main characters are sexually attracted and 'get it on' but the reader doesn't get the sentence by sentence account. If Kristan Higgins can draw readers and fans in with this book, and not include what is standard sexual exploits in most romance novels these days I say " more power to her".  Her publishers must see her as a sure bet.  I will certainly try out another book by her. Maybe I have many happy hours of glomming to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...