May 14, 2013

Catch of the Day

Catch of the Day
Kristan Higgins
Tantor Audio
Narrator: Xe Sands
Source: Audible

Summary from Goodreads

First date à la Maggie: Take one lovelorn diner owner (me), a generous helping of nosy local gossips, a dollop of envy at married sister's perfect life, a splash of divine intervention (my matchmaking priest). Combine ingredients with one adorable puppy, add a strong but silent lobsterman with a hidden heart of gold and watch the sparks fly.

My brief thoughts.
This is my second book by Kristan Higgins and again I enjoyed it.  This was my first time listening to Xe Sands narrate a book, I had read that she is very good and I can add my endorsement to that now.

I don't usually enjoy books that are written from a first person POV. In fact I think I may have set out to read this in paperback and then ditched it one time.  I can see now that was a mistake.  Maggie is a delight, she often finds herself in hilarious situations, or should I say she puts herself in them.

I wasn't so enamoured by "the strong but silent lobsterman"   he was a just a bit too in the background for my liking.  Overall though and enjoyable listen.


Theresa's Audiobook Challenge.  #4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...