August 24, 2013

Visions of Heat

Visions of Heat.  (#2 Psy/Changeling series)
Nalini Singh
Published:Berkley Sensation 2007
Paperback 332 pages
Genre: Paranormal romance.
Source: Local library.

Summary from Cover.
Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder.  A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future.  Then the visions show her something even more dangerous - aching need... exquisite pleasure.  But so powerful is her vision, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she years to embrace could be the end of her.

Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith.  The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument.  But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity.  And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes.  They must keep her silenced - and keep her from Vaughn....
My thoughts.
I enjoyed this book every bit as much as I did the first book in this series.  Now that I am a little more familiar with the DarkRiver community and their neighbours I did not have to pause so often to work out who was who.

The book followed a similar format to the previous one.  A young Psy woman finds herself beginning to feel restless and unhappy with her set up in the Psy community.  As well there is a changeling who finds himself drawn to this particular Psy.  I loved both Faith and Vaughn and their story.  Compulsive sit down and read - and keep going once I had opened the book.

I liked catching up with characters from the previous book, and watching the characters that may have a story of their own in the future.  I am so happy to have many books in this series to keep me in book nirvana!  And here I need to stop, because Cascades of Ice - the third one, sits by my chair calling my name.
4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...