April 5, 2014

Floored. Ainslie Paton


Book Cover
Floored
Ainslie Paton
Publisher: Harlequin Enterprises Australia
Date: 1st April 2014
Format: e-ARC
Pages: 343
Genre: Romantic suspense
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
From the moment Fetch gets knocked off his Harley, crawls into Driver’s car and offers her an obscene amount of money to drive him from Sydney to Perth — no questions, no names, no chit chat — they’re stuck with each other. By the time they arrive, they’re stuck on each other.

It’s lust at full throttle, with no seat belts. It could be more, but he’s a fake and she’s a liar. They’re both neck deep in crime, and only one of them is on the right side of the law.


As I began this book I began to think I wasn't going to like it.  It took me awhile to make sense of what was happening, however once I moved into it a little I was hooked. Another Ainslie Paton book that I very much enjoyed.

This book opens with a look into some gang activities and one gang member in particular - Fetch. Soon Fetch is hooked up with Driver when he has an accident and needs to make some deliveries on time.  

Fetch/Sean and Driver/Caitlyn then take a long drive across southern Australia.  One of them turns out to be a cop and the other, possibly wanted by the cops.  There is a growing attraction between them, that right throughout the book develops into a feisty relationship, with small steps of trust and large steps of mistrust.  The reader is given both viewpoints, so we know some of what is going on - but not all of it.  

While I am sure a drive across the southern coast of Australia could be rather monotonous, there is nothing monotonous about this story, by the time I was into the middle of this book, I pretty much kept reading until the end.  There was plenty of action - in the bedroom and out of it.  Sean and Caitlyn made me care about them - and their dog Blue!  What a threesome.  I loved all the little turning points and moments of tension. 

No better way to spend a Saturday, in the sunshine with a very good book.

2 comments:

  1. Action, road trip and a dog ... sounds good to me! Which one was your favourite, Floored or Detained?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Detained I really fell for. It would be my favourite, however Floored is very good as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...