August 11, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sheila at Book Journey runs It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
Thank you to Sheila for hosting this meme, which always adds books to my TBR wishlist!

This week I was sitting close by a couple of my 12 year old boy students who were designing their calendar picture for 2015.  One was doing a car - of course!  He swung his monitor around and said, "Here Miss T, this car could be yours!" Before I looked I asked, "Is it yellow?"  When I looked he had this gorgeous yellow car, that probably cost as much as my house!  Then they both said, and across the front bonnet you could spray on, " 'Reads a Lot' like huge!"

I was amused, and later thought I know what I will do. So I have organised a car magnet, with their words on it!  Can't wait to see their grins.  It will be going on my little yellow car (over twenty years old and no where near the cost of a house!)  

Car Magnet
I am not sure how it will actually print - I had to use a template and added a couple of images myself and not sure what the quality will be like.  I think I might do another one if this doesn't turn out okay. Will have to wait until the post delivers.  Anyway, I cleaned my car today, so it's ready!!

This last week I read:
Very good romance

Wonderful. Sigh!

At present I am reading:
The Homecoming by Robyn Carr

Up next:
I think I will do a reread of Judith McNaught's Until You.  I want to accomplish four rereads before the end of the year.  It's a good idea, but so many other excellent books - such a shame though not to reread more.

Blog Posts in the last week:



15 comments:

  1. The House on Mermaid Point, have to read it! Of course I need to read the others in the series first, and just got the first one this week at my library sale, so I'm good to go.
    Have a good week, Kathryn, in your sporty yellow car, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do enjoy that Wendy Wax series - yes I remember being impressed that you got Ten Beach Road for $1. It's good!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet student! :)
    I'm not much into romance but I think I'm going to read Accidentally Married on Purpose. :)
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the car magnet ... your students know you well, bet they'll be chuffed when they see it. I'm expecting a photo of your little yellow car with magnet insitu lol.
    Glad you loved The House on Mermaid Point as much as I did, review up this week ... I'll be watching for yours. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, your students obviously know you well :)

    Keep on reading!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your magnet sounds terrific. What great inspiration. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete

  6. What a cute magnet idea! Thanks for sharing...and I can't wait to read The House on Mermaid Point...as soon as I finish more review books! Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week, Ms. Reads-a-Lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Ten Beach Road last month and loved it. Now I have to catch up on the rest of the series. Looks like you've had some great recent reads, and I know I'll be adding some of them to my wish list.

    Hope the magnet turns out the way you envisioned. Have a great reading week and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a neat story! I think your students will appreciate the magnet. I don't know anything about The House on Mermaid Point, but the cover is certainly inviting- looks like good summertime read. And Buried in a Book doesn't sound bad either...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judith McNaught - I have not read a book by her in years and I used to love her. I need to revisit her stuff. :)

    How sweet...and what a cute magnet!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea! I'm sure your students will love it. :)

    I love Judith McNaught's books and Until You is a good one. I hope you enjoy it. Whitney My Love is my absolute favorite book and is also written by Judith McNaught. I can highly recommend checking that out if you like Until You.

    Here's my week

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, it's sweet that your students know about your love of reading. I love the car magnet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - they know I love to read and my big hope for them is that they will grow into book lovers too - most of them are, which is great.

      Delete
  12. How cool that your students appreciate your reading and inspired a great little car magnet design. :-)
    Looks like you had nice reads - especially with a sigh.
    Judith McNaught is always worth a re-read in my book!
    Yes, I think you would like the Charley Davidson series. Try one and see what you think.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha - I am going to obtain the first book in Charley Davidson series and try it out soon. Yes Judith McNaught will indeed be worthy of a reread. So sorry she doesn't write now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...