October 20, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sheila at Book Journey runs It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Saturday was one of my favourite days of the year - our local book fair, when the local Lions group fund raise for various charities.  I am afraid I went and bought about as much as I donated in books for it, so I am now bulging on my TBR shelf.

Books by past favourite authors

Books chosen because I have been introduced to authors by bloggers.


New authors to me, ones I don't really know about.
I picked up the Diane Setterfield one thinking it was 
a Diane Chamberlain.  Before I noticed a woman
said to me "We read that one in our book club 
it was very good".  So I kept it for a read.

That's just some of them.  I snagged 8 J. D. Robb books, left my list at home, so was very relieved when I arrived home and found I had no double ups.  I spent just over $100, more than I intended, but its for a good cause.  Books in New Zealand are way more expensive than in the USA for example. I'd pay anything from $20 to $35 for each of these books in the shop for paperback.  I bought over 40 books for the $117. 

This week I read:  
Crime - non fiction
Excellent read.
A New Zealand crime - murder of a young girl
by her ex boyfriend.

Utterly fantastic.

At present I am reading:

Feels Like Family by Sherryl Woods   (part of her Magnolia series)

Still listening to Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson

Reading also a non fiction travel book - for The Eclectic Reading Challenge.

Storybook Travels: From Eloise's New York to Harry Potter's London, Visits to 30 of the Best Loved Landmarks in Children's Literature.

Up next:
I think it will be Unsuitable by Ainslie Paton.  She is self publishing this particular book, but as I really like her writing, I am quite happy to read this.  She is another awesome Australian author.


Anyone would think I am Australian at the rate I am reading Australian authors this year, but I am not!  

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow. What a great haul. Lots of authors I love. Kate fforde is a great author, I have not read that one yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some great looking books on that haul, im jealous! happy reading!

    Here is my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. 40 books plus, that's great. Nothing better than a stack of books. :)

    The Caulfield book looks good, I saw that one on another blog and author comments on twitter so I was curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I just love a good book sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL go the awesome Aussie authors and I'm absolutely thrilled you loved Seldom Come By ... YAY!!! Love a good book sale and we have quite a few of the same favourites ... good taste ;) I love Jojo Moyes, Liane Moriarty, Kate Morton and Rachael Johns.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stacks of books! I see several there from some of my old and new favorite authors: Old, Jodi Picoult and Joanna Trollope; new, Liane Moriarty and JoJo Moyes, among others.

    Enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul at the fair..and like you said it was for a good cause. I love a good reason to feed my addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's an impressive haul from the book fair. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul! Your current reads are new to me, excited to see what you think!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice selection of books you got from the sale. The Thirteenth Tale is very good, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I see lots of other great books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an impressive score...enjoy them all!

    Read on!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...