August 31, 2015

Month in Review Wrap Up


Welcome in, do join me by sharing your link to your look back at this month. I'm looking forward to visiting and seeing what everyone has been up to.  The link will be open for you to share your post whenever you post over the next few days.  Do visit each others' posts.

Total books read this month: 18, 10 of which were review books.

Audio Books Read:
Survivor in Death   J. D. Robb
Summer's End   Mary Alice Monroe
Magic Flutes    Eva Ibbotson

Ebooks Read
Inconsolable   Ainslie Paton
Wildest Dreams  Robyn Carr
If You Only Knew    Kristan Higgins
Ransom Canyon      Jodi Thomas
Starlight on Willow Lake   Susan Wiggs
The Beast's Garden     Kate Forsyth
Marriage in Mustang Creek   Linda Lael Miller
Rainy Day Sisters     Kate Hewitt

Paperbacks Read
First Impressions     Jude Deveraux
Midnight Promises  Sherryl Woods
Blood Brothers     Nora Roberts
Quicksilver          Amanda Quick
Running Like China   Sophie Hardcastle
Early One Morning   Virginia Baily
Ravenscar      Barbara Taylor Bradford


Genres Read
Romantic Suspense 4, Contemporary romance 5, Women's Fiction 4, Memoir 1, Fairytale retelling 1, Historical romance 1, Historical Fiction 1,

Places Where I Read.
Nth Carolina, Sth Carolina, New York, Oregon, Texas, Maryland, Wyoming, - USA.  Sydney, near Whyalla, near Eyre Peninsula, - Australia.  Berlin, Germany. Vienna, Austria. Rome, Italy.  Yorkshire, Cumbria, -  England.

New to me authors this month:
Sophie Hardcastle
Virginia Baily
Kate Hewitt

Top Book for August

This is a memoir, and while I read a couple of others which could easily have been my top book - for the courage of the author, excellent writing and the insight that it gave me into mental illness, I name this one as my top book for August. My review for it will be posted later this week.
book cover


Incoming Books.
Paperback Books Purchased:
Nothing

Kindle Books Purchased:
The Secret Sister        Brenda Novak   $3.30
The Other Daughter   Lauren Willig  $9.96
Cinder                        Marissa Meyer   $5.74

Library Books: 
Midnight Promises     Sherryl Woods

Books coming from NetGalley
The Beast's Garden    Kate Forsyth
The Patterson Girls    Rachael Johns
A Window Opens      Elizabeth Elgan
Along the Infinite Sea     Beatriz Williams
The Good Neighbor     Amy Sue Nathan
Rainy Day Sisters      Kate Hewitt
All I Want                  Jill Shalvis


Hachette NZ
Running Like China   Sophie Hardcastle
Early One Morning   Virginia Baily

Audio Books 
The Summer's End  Alice Mary Monroe  - 1 Audible credit.
Magic Flutes    Eva Ibbotson   -  1 Audible credit
The Lost Night    Jayne Castle - 1 Audible credit

Pre-Ordered
As you don't actually pay for these until they are delivered they will be counted in the month they are published.

New Leaf by Catherine Anderson - published in Jan 2016. Kindle version.
Fatal Frenzy by Marie Force  - published September 15 2015  Kindle version


Book Spending:  $19 (USA)  =  $29.40 (NZ)

badge


So how did your reading month pan out?

29 comments:

  1. I love how you break it all down, genre, new authors, I should do this one month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy how you break everything down too, You've had a busy month! I will look forward to your review of Running Like China. Have a great week Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. I seem to be reading a bit more at present and er... neglecting some other things!

      Delete
  3. A great month for you, I hope you enjoyed The Beasts Garden

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed and rated it highly, interesting perspective.

      Delete
  4. Loved Cinder! I hope you enjoy it, too! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am really late to the Cinder series, have read good things about the books for a number of years. Time to get into it!

      Delete
  5. You had a fantastic month! I love the cover for Running Like China, WOW!
    Happy September reading!
    I'll be back to link up later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is amazing and fits so perfectly into the book. Stunning really.

      Delete
  6. I have A Window Opens from Netgalley too. It sounds great!

    I love that you post all of the places that you are reading. How wonderful that you got to do so much traveling this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes looking forward to A Window Opens - coming up soon on my reading list.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you read a lot of great books this month. Well done. I really need to start reading Susan Wiggs, she seems like an author I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would enjoy S Wiggs Viki, its a matter of fitting in all these great authors - maybe when you get to retirement age!!

      Delete
    2. Too many authors, not enough time to read them all!!

      Delete
  8. I always enjoying seeing your monthly break downs and loved that you included where you read this month, I wish I could boast going to a few you list. I hope September is just as productive and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Whitney would be fab to visit those places.

      Delete
  9. Kathryn, great line up past and forward. I love many of the same authors and guess what I'm having dinner w/Kristin Higgins tomorrow. I know!!! I'm still pinching myself
    Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, can't wait for you to share. I am sure it will be on your blog.

      Delete
  10. What a great month you had, Kathryn!!! I've read a few of the same books - Summer's End, Wildest Dreams, If You Only Knew - and have some others in my tbr pile. I am forward to your review of Running to China - sounds really intriguing!

    Thanks again for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memoir was eye opening and really appreciated the chance to read it. I love how we interlink with some of our reading.

      Delete
  11. Eighteen books!? Oh my word, that's incredible. Here I was boasting about reading eight books in the month of August, this is the highest number of books I've been able to read all year! Still, it seems you had a fantastic month Kathryn. I'm curious to know what book was set in Australia though. I'm having a difficult time finding a book set in the southern hemisphere :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I read was the memoir Running Like China, my review for that has just posted. I am putting in this link to an Australian book shop that might give you some ideas that you could track down at library. I was able to read a romantic book for this but think this is not your cup of tea so here is the link. Booktopia or the blogger at Book'd Out might put you thinking with some of her reviews, they aren't all southern hemisphere but her reading taste might be nearer yours.

      Delete
  12. Eighteen books is amazing! Fairy tale retellings are my utter weakness, I'll pick up any of those. Hope your September is just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a lot of fairy tale retellings but the ones I have have been great.

      Delete
  13. Lots of nice reads this month and not bad for total spending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to keep the spending light. Always good when you have a gift voucher to spend. That helps!

      Delete
  14. Ooh, you bought Cinder! That's one I've been wanting to read forever, but haven't made the time. As always, your amount of reading is so impressive. Great month! I plan to link up eventually, if I ever get the time to do my monthly post. Life is craziness these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandie, so I have bought Cinder! Now to make the space to read it. Have been reading about it for a few years now!

      Delete
  15. Great reading month. I just finished If You Only Knew and look forward to New Leaf. I am late to linking up so here is My Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...