April 22, 2016

The Obsession. Nora Roberts

book cover of The Obsession
Published: Hachette NZ
Date: 12 April 2016
Format: Paperback
Pages: 453
Genre:Romantic Suspense
Source: Thanks to Hachette NZ
Rating:
4.5 stars             Add to Goodreads

Naomi Carson is a survivor. As a child, her family was torn apart by a shocking crime. It could have destroyed her, but Naomi has grown up strong, with a passion for photography that has taken her all around the world.

Now, at last, she has decided to put down roots. The beautiful old house on Point Bluff needs work, but Naomi has new friends in town who are willing to help, including Xander Keaton - gorgeous, infuriating and determined to win her heart.

But as Naomi plans for the future, her past is catching up with her. Someone in town knows her terrifying secret - and won't let her forget it. As her new home is rocked by violence, Naomi must discover her persecutor's identity, before it's too late.
My thoughts banner
Again with The Obsession  Nora Roberts has aced another book out of the park. Once I started it I didn't want to stop. It begins with a ghastly crime, that Naomi - the heroine, comes upon by accident and curiosity.  She is only twelve years old. She and her brother go to live with her uncle Seth and his partner Harry, who surround them with love and give them the security they need.

Now Naomi is settling down into one place in the Washington State, she has fallen in love with an old house, in need of renovation. As the story progresses we hear about the renovation, and as a reader I really enjoy a good renovation! The house sounds totally gorgeous.  Naomi is adopted by a stray dog - she names him Tag because he insists on tagging along. 

Zander is a local car mechanic, plays in a band, and before long he is making a move on Naomi. Along with him, his friend Kevin and wife Jenny become good friends. Naomi does what she loves best, photography. She soon finds oodles of things to photograph, not least of all the hot men working on her renovation!

Everything goes along so well, until.... A killer is in the midst of the town, and the crime has such a similarity to the one that Naomi walked in on years back - there just has to be a link. Mason turns up, everyone is on the look out, but will they find the killer before he gets to Naomi? For once I knew who the killer was from the start of the second spate of crimes, but that didn't lessen my enjoyment of the book and seeing it out to the final denouement.

Classic Nora Roberts!



9 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I've never read a Nora Roberts book, but this sounds perfect: hot guy, photography, a dog, a murder...what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should try more of her books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving this one right now. I'm about 30% in, and although it's a slower read, I love every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm supposed to get a review copy but no sight of it yet. Glad to know you liked it, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how Nora's female lead always has an interesting occupation. What fun she must have interviewing others to gather research for her books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started this one yesterday, and can't wait to get back to it. I only stopped then because I had another to finish and review...and I was tired! Thanks for your great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this one too Kathryn though really really loved the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously cannot believe that I have never read a book by Nora Roberts! This one sounds like a good place to start, I enjoyed your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try her! She actually writes a good book, even though she writes so many.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...