The New Year: 2016 Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @Because Reading.
- make headway with the J. D. Robb series so that I am almost caught up by the end of the year. At present I have completed #25, so by end of 2016 would like to be at somewhere around #38-40.
- Complete the reading challenges I have signed up for in the 2016 year.
- Read ten books by New Zealand authors. Ten books - not ten authors! Review the books I read for this.
- I read two books in the J. D. Robb series so finished #28. I also happened to read #42 as a review book!
- Reading challenges are moving along - see to right sidebar for updates.
- No NZ authors read this month.
- take part in the April A - Z blogging challenge with my WordPress blog, Discovering Daisies. The sign up for that is 25th Jan. I also plan to have my posts prepared for the most before April.
- learn a little more html and css via Lorelle's WordPress and the links she suggests. Study something each month and make adjustments to either my WordPress or Blogger blog as appropriate.
- Visit reviews/posts linked to the reading challenges I host on Book Date blog.
- I have signed up for the A-Z blogging challenge and written from A - I posts. I need to work on the rest in March!
- I went to the Code Academy and have almost finished the free course.
- Neglected visiting posts for challenges I host. Will set time aside in March to do it, I haven't committed to commenting, just visiting and sometimes leaving comments.
- make one quilt from beginning to end - a Quatre Foil Quilt, that I already have the material for. It will only be the second quilt ever, but larger than the first one I made.
- participate in the Fitreaders challenge again and meet my goal set for weekly steps - at this point 55 000.
- Initiate some home updates e.g. painting interior - curtains - possibly kitchen too. I won't be doing the painting though, but need to see the process through.
- I have started on the quatrefoil quilt and made about 5 - 6 blocks.
- Pretty much met my goals for Fitreaders - in spite of the muggy heat.
- So painting is done in kitchen and lounge. Still waiting for screws for handles for kitchen cabinets. I think my goal for month of March will be to hold my cool while I obtain correctly fitting screws. (Screws now sorted.) I need to look for a clock that I like and bang some nails in walls for paintings. I don't want to make a hole now it all looks good!
Bookish Resolutions Updates