May 2, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide

Welcome in everyone to the first Monday in May. Our Autumn is beginning I think, it is trying to rain but pretty pathetic so far!

I had a good week of reading. I binge listened to Don't Let Me Go on Saturday. It is a long book over 21 hrs so has been taking me awhile. 5 star listen. The other books were very good and A Kiss From Mr Fitzgerald was my last book of the month and well... it was my favourite too.

                                                         

What I read last week:

book cover book cover

book cover book cover




What I am reading at present:

Listening to:
Debbie H I finally get there!
book cover

Reading:
A She Reads book, so far not so sure about this one.
book cover

Up next:

From my TBR bought in the last year shelf!! Yay so want to read it, as I know so many readers who loved it.
book cover

From my review shelf.
Well I might have bumped it up over a couple of review books that have already published, but sometimes you do what you wanna do!
book cover

Posts from the last week:

Month in Review for April
From Here to Home  Marie Bostwick
The Vintage Springtime Club  Beatrice Meier
Lone Heart Pass   Jodi Thomas
a divide

33 comments:

  1. Twenty one hours?! Oh My God. That's huge. My first audiobook was 14hrs long and people said that was huge.

    The next was just under 5hrs and far more enjoyable.

    I've been seeing the Natasha Lester book everywhere and wondering what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been having quite a bit of April showers and I am tired of them. Hopefully the sun will show up this week. I hope the She Reads book picks up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking books~ Enjoy your week. I am eager to read A Lowcountry Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love Mary Alice Monroe! I will have to check out that book!! The Renegade's Heart looks really good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy May! Like Nise said it's been raining here a lot- but we're supposed to clear up this week I guess. I don't do a lot of audios but I used to dirve a lot for work and they would have come in handy then! Glad the reads have been good- looks like you have some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane Green is an author I always mean to read but never get too....one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to go through this meme as it throws up books I would never have seen before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful books!
    I was wondering about A Lowcountry Wedding, can it be read as a standalone as well without being read any other books in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author does fill you in on some of the happenings in the 3 previous stories, this one is a kind of rounding off of the first three. It could be read alone but for me the richness is in all of the books, each was very good.

      Delete
  9. I adored A Kiss From Mr Fitzgerald too. Kind of makes me want to go on a 1920s reading binge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't participated in this meme in ages but I'm so happy to be back! I like the look of all your books, especially A Kiss From Mr Fitzgerald! And it sounds like you had a good reading week last week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those books look so good! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the Coincidence of the Coconut Cake looks, well, delicious! ;)
    I'm listening to The Age of Innocence on audio, reading Deja Dead on my Kindle app, and reading Conviction in hardback.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Authors seem to be taking more time coming up with titles these days. I love The Coincidence of Coconut Cake, for example. It's a poem unto itself.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/05/in-which-i-finish-perfect-book-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Coconut Cake cover, and I've heard good things about the book. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You read such great books! All of these interest me. Sigh...I wish there were more reading hours to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look really interesting! I haven't heard of some of them, but I am glad you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading A Lowcountry Wedding right now. It's my first book by this author and I am loving it. So many on your list look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love, love, love coconut cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some of the longer audiobooks kind of intimidate me a bit - binge reading seems to be a good way to go with them. I hope you enjoy all your upcoming reads.

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe another month has gone by.

    The coconut cake book looks so good.

    ENJOY this week. Looks like last week was very good for you.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa. You read a LOT! These all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, lots of good books going with you this week! Looks like you had lots of reading time. Always so weird to hear it is fall there when it is spring here! Though it's not feeling much like spring the past few days - and we have plenty of rain if you need some!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have that coconut memoir on my TBR. It sounds really good. I hope that Mary Alice Monroe was good as I had loved The Beach House.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was just listening to an interview where they talking about All of Us and Everything and it sounds so good! I also really want to read Coconut Cake and I need to read the Emilie Richards! She used to be an absolute favorite but something happened and it's been YEARS since I've picked up one of her books. Need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad that I saw The Coincidence of Coconut Cake on here! I've wanted to read this for awhile, but w/so much in the want to read pile, I get forgetting about so many good ones. #readerwoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay Wow we were separated at birth, count them Three of your books I've read and LOVED. btw glad you finally got the audio of Claire Delacroix, I'm listening to one of her Templar romances right now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like you had a good reading week. Did you enjoy the Jane Green book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viki it was so-so. Nowhere as good as Summer Secrets, but sometimes too I think it can be mood. If I am tired a book doesn't grab me as much.

      Delete
    2. I understand that. Will have to check Summer Secrets sometime soon.

      Delete
  28. Have a great week Kathryn. I may give listening to books another try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm adding A Kiss from Mr. Fitzgerald to my TBR! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...