July 3, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 3rd July

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Well can't believe it but 2017 is sneaking by fast with July now here. Best wishes for a great July 4th for all USA readers.

I had a busy and varied week, on Wednesday it was my turn to host the group of past teachers/crafters at my place. You know the drill, have to clean up the place even though they won't look and organise a tasty supper. Took me most of the day! But we had a great evening.

Have been quilting of course and trying to sort out my quilting blog a little more so that I have 'documentation' of what I make and when. Getting there slowly.  

Have been getting in my goal steps each week for the last few weeks. Hope it continues!

What I read last week:

book cover book cover


What I am reading at present:

Just starting out on this review book - from a series I really enjoy.
book cover

Still listening to The Forever Summer, coming up towards the end now.

Up next:

Another review book
book cover

Last Weeks Posts
Month in Review for June

July Book of Choice Giveaway  - as usual there is a spot for It's Monday participants

One Wrong Turn   Deanna Lyn Sletten - book review

Read the Books You Buy mid year update


a divide

27 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful week! Love the look of your new books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, July already? Glad you had a great get- together! Sounds fun.

    Love that cover of Secrets of the Tulip sisters! Very nice. Looks like somewhere one would want to go and just stare at the big house. :)

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right that it seems July just sneaked up on us. I so like the look of The Dress in the Window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Susan Mallery; I need to read more of her. That's some cover for the last book. What meal did you prepare for your friends? Does New Zealand have a specialty dish or food? My post will publish at midnight, PST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a meal Stefanie! Supper here is like the 9pm snack so crackers and cheese and loaves and sweets. We don't really have a specialty dish or food, pretty eclectic really. I guess sort of reflective really of all the kinds of cultures that live here. Some claim the pavlova for NZ, but then again so does Australia. Too sweet for me though so don't mind who claims it!!

      Delete
  5. The days just slip by. I've got Indian Summer as well and I like the look of The Dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your craft event sounds like it was fun. Glad you are getting in quilting and steps. Good Job. My steps are low - I really need to step it up... so to speak. :-)
    Your two just read have lovely summer covers. I need to get to Wild Horse Springs still. It is close to the next on my NG list.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a busy but rewarding week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Thomas and Grant both look fantastic! That's so neat with yall getting together like that but I can see how prep could easily take a few hours. Worth the time it sounds like :) Hope you have a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know nothing about "The Dress in the Window," but I want to read--based completely on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to believe the year is half over isn't it? I hope the next few months go nice and slowly so I can enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've requested The Dress in the Window- but I haven't heard back from the publishers. It's definitely a book I'd pick up even if my request was declined!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't the cover for Indian Summer just beautiful? I also like the title and synopsis for The Dress in the window.

    Cold and rainy here in SA! Hope you will have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a lovely get together with friends.

    I hope you are enjoying THE FOREVER SUMMER. I have been enjoying audio lately. I just finished listening to THE WOMAN IN CABIN 10. Excellent thriller - very suspenseful. My first book by Ruth Ware. I do have a question about the ending. If anyone cares to answer it, please e-mail me. THANKS.

    I love the cover on THE DRESS IN THE WINDOW. Nice and nostalgic. :)

    Thanks for another great post, and have a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't quilted in forever. No, I know exactly the last time I quilted. I started a quilt for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It came and went in 2002. I did show my parents the quilt a few years later, since I knew I'd never finish it. And here it sits!

    Next winter, I will work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Secrets of the Tulip Sisters looks good.Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year is flying by. I hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Dress In The Window cover caught my eye too. Glad to hear you had a fun party. Getting ready is always a lot of work - no matter how many guests.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm featuring Indian Summer on my blog next week! Right now I'm reading a historical romance by Claire Delacroix The Crusader's Vow. Love her work

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Secrets of the Tulip Sisters. I can't wait to read it. It sounds so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny - I had a similar week. I co-hosted my neighborhood book group. It wasn't at my house (but I did have to pick up a bit for our cleaning service), but I made a lot of the food, and it took all day! Fun, though. Glad yours went well, too.

    I am SO behind on my blog. I see you have already posted your June summary - I still need to do my May one! Just finished the last May review last week.

    Enjoy your books this week!

    Sue

    2017 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to read your review on The Secrets of the Tulip Sisters. That one is on my TBR. Glad everything went well! It's always nice after something like that because the house is all clean! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard good things about Susan Mallery, but I've never tried her. I like the cover of Grant's book! I just got back from vacation, so I'm a little late linking up! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...