August 21, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 21st August

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!
a divide
Hope everyones week was great reading wise and otherwise. All the best for those travelling to see the eclipse, hope there are excellent clear skies and it is an amazing experience.

Well this week I had a couple of "Duh" moments! I was reading a paperback and tapped the page for it to turn. Had to smile at myself! Then yesterday a friend connected with me on Facetime from Australia and we couldn't see my picture, I was on my computer and couldn't work it out. Anyway in the meantime I connected with my iPad. About 8 hours later I suddenly knew why! I have a piece of tape over the camera on my computer... for security purposes!! Laughed again at myself.

I also spent a bit of time wondering about the email message from Google for my blog, about security in the Chrome browser, so decided to back it up and then upload it to a wordpress.com blog I set up for that purpose. I'd hate to lose the years from this blog. Anyway I will switch to the secure thing in settings now that I have it backed up.  I wish I had started out on Wordpress for a couple of reasons but like Blogger too for other reasons and I love the way the designer I hired set my blog up and don't really want to change over and leave that behind mostly.                                                        

What I read last week:

book cover
This was my first time reading Cathy Kelly. I enjoyed especially the story of Cassie and Coco and the mother that abandoned them. However I began to lose some interest with all the characters introduced, would have preferred more focus. That said, it did keep me reading to the end, although may have done some fast reading here and there! Well written.
Review will follow for this book - one of best I have read this year.
No Place I'd Rather Be by Cathy Lamb
I also finished listening to...
This was a reread and I loved it. Proves that rereads of books I loved is so worth doing.

What I am reading at present:

A review book by fav author. I am moving a little slowly on it as doing other things but must put some mileage into it.
Started listening to...
Felt like a little paranormal

Up next:


Last Weeks Posts
Sawbones   Melissa Lenhardt
Seeing Red   Sandra Brown

a divide



21 comments:

  1. I am glad that I am not the only one that has moments like that! I've got Sawbones on audio. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tapping the paperback? You mean it doesn't work? Ha ha that's funny though. :)

    Hope your reads are good this week, Clean sweep looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha! I have also tapped on the side of a print book.

    I love the two Cathys...Kelly and Lamb, and need to catch up with their books.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wish I had started out on Wordpress. Blogger just seemed so much more user-friendly when I started out. I may still transfer to Wordpress in the future, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you enjoy Cathy Kelly book. I really enjoy her books, I defintely need to catch up on her books. Will you read her again. Robyn Carr book looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've begun to have a few moments too. I just jumped over to read your reviews and almost forgot to comment here.
    I am glad you are enjoying your reading. Robyn Carr is so wonderfully reliable for a good read. :-) Hope this week is good for you.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so funny. I love that you could at least laugh it off. Enjoy your books and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I do silly things like that! Hubby calls it my senior moments! I call it human moments...

    I look forward to the Robyn Carr, just because it's Carr. Don't know anything about this new one. I have Seeing Red on my kindle yet to read.

    As a fan of Cathy Lamb, I'm now excited to look for this one from her-- glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't tried Cathy Lamb. I'll have to add that one to my list. I have Clean Sweep on audio and heard that it's a great series! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing those funny stories. That is actually a good idea to tape over the camera spot. Have a great week. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your page-tappping story. :)

    That is also funny about the page covering your computer camera. That is a good idea, though.

    I am not sure how to transfer to Word Press so I don't think I will, and I like Blogger.

    I haven't gotten any security messages from Blogger.

    The Girl From Munich looks good.

    Have a lovely week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see your Cathy Lamb review and the Girl from Munich looks great!
    I'm knee deep into my November release contract reviews.
    Happy Total Eclipse Day.
    Are you able to view it at all Kathryn?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to reading the Robyn Carr book. It looks so good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is Clean Sweep in audio? I'm trying the Andrews Hidden Legacy series in audio. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Cathy Kelly but I DNF'd that one. It's really not one of her best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's quite ok to have those funny moments...I do that all of the time with a paper book and get mad when I can't look up the definition of a word.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha - had to laugh at your tech problems! I could certainly relate! I have been talking on my phone before and looking all over the house for...my phone! Happens to all of us, I think.

    I have heard that Wordpress is best for bloggers, but it takes far more skill and knowledge than I have...and I don't have the time to learn it all! I have used Blogger for 11 years for 2 (sometimes 3) blogs and it works great for what I use it for :)

    Hope you enjoy your books this week - my son and I just got home from his Lyme doctor, and the eclipse just started so perfect timing!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard the the google chrome warnings are more to push people towards their business model than real security concerns, but I don't know enough to be sure.

    I really liked the Innkeeper books by Ilona Andrews, so I hope the audio version of Clean Sweep does it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finished Bear and the Nightingale, Ghost King, The Day the Angels Fell and restarted Dr. Zhivago- my summer Russian/Big Book read. Got a few ARCs this week, and the NY State Fair starts....

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must admit, I have tapped a physical book before, and I don't even read on my ereader that much - habit I suppose. Happy reading; it sounds like you have some good titles coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...