November 23, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!

Jen Vincent, Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee of Unleashing Readers decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join them!

This week as it has  Thanksgiving coming up and many of you celebrate that, I thought I would share ten things I am grateful for:
  • the book blogging world of YOU
  • the wonderful book recommendations that others share
  • the generosity of people and their example that inspires me, and thinking in particular of Sheila at Book Journey's post - A Two Person Book Club, that rippled out and made me act too in my own world.
  • the variety in reading I find on this meme - we all read such various things, but we all share the love of reading
  • for authors who provide us with our reading and for the books these authors write that are full of hope, courage and goodness. For the way in which they show that the  power of good overcomes evil.
  • a special thanks to Helen at Hachette NZ - a thank you for finding me and my blog this year. I have always envied those bloggers who are close to the publishing world and review paperback books!
  • for those who share their knowledge online - in many ways and in particular this week those who showed me on You Tube how to get the end of a broken light bulb out of the socket! Feeling very proud of myself now!
  • for family - especially all those delightful young recent arrivals in the last few years. I love the viewpoint of a young child!
  • for friends - there when I want some social time
  • for life - especially for my first year of retirement. Love it.

IMWAYR Thanksgiving Giveaway

Also to thank you all for continuing to participate in It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I am giving away this week, to two participants a $12 (U.S.) gift voucher to Amazon or a book to that value from the Book Depository.  There will be one giveaway for the linking of a IMWAYR post and one giveaway to a commenter on one of those posts. Sorry my post doesn't count! (The commenter must be a person who has also written a IMWAYR post.) I will draw it using random.org and will notify the winners next weekend as often people link up as the week goes on.

                                                         

What I read last week:

book cover book cover


book cover book cover  book cover
Enjoyed all the above - I won't be reviewing most of them on the blog, and I am so happy to finally read Big, Little Lies. 4 stars as was Born in Death and Pagan Stone.  Sidekick I am reviewing - 3 stars. All Night Long - just finished and really enjoyed. 4 stars.

What I am reading at present:

Listening to:
book cover


What I am reading now off my TBR shelf:
book cover

Up next:

Blood Kiss  J R Ward (freshly arrived on my door step for review)

Posts from the last week:


39 comments:

  1. I am thankful for many of your items. Thankful that you are hosting this meme! I need to read more from my shelf, but get easily distracted by all the new, shiny books all over! Is Blood Kiss a new or reissue from J.R. Ward? Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood Kiss is a spin off of her BDB series and is the first one. So far that's all I know!!

      Delete
    2. That's right! It is about the trainees we met in the last novel. Ok, now I am jealous. LOL

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed Big Little Lies. I thought it was fantastic. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, how did I let it sit on my shelf so long!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post Kathryn, I have a 'thankful' post to go up on Thursday, always wished Australia celebrated thanksgiving. Many of yours are on my list too and like Nise` I'm thankful you now host this meme I love.
    I'm interested to see what you think of The Ones We Trust, it was actually Heather Gudenkauf's 'endorsement' that caught my eye lol. Glad you also enjoyed Big Little Lies. Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes actually I had chosen it and then saw her endorsement. I am enjoying it, army corruption!

      Delete
  4. What a nice list of blessings. Yep - I agree. Big Little Lies and The Ones We Trust caught my eye.
    Liked your review of Along the Infinite Sea.
    Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love that list...and add my own thanks to those you listed. I am glad you are enjoying retirement...I am very happy that I took that plunge, too, although it was ten years ago for me! The best ten years, though. LOL

    I like the look of The Ones We Trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raising my glass in a toast to retirement Laurel-Rain - such a gift.

      Delete
  6. Very nice Kathryn. The book blogging community is fantastic, I agree. And glad you liked Big Little Lies. I enjoyd that one so much. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect post for Thanksgiving... this is a great community! Sheila's two person book club post touched me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! It's easy to forget when the world news is so bad that we still have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You read a lot this week. Barbara Delinksky is an author I want to try out. Good job reading one out of your tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have Little Big Lies envy.

    Thank YOU for your support! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post :=)

    I am grateful for...my books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice list and what a nice post.

    The Summer I Dared looks really good.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathryn what sweet words of thanks. I'm thankful I've found you and your wonderful blog. I can't wait to see what you think of Kimberly Belle's newest, it's on my TBR shelf. I've interviewed her in the past and am so hoping (fingers crossed) that I get to read it soon. Not enough time even when we retire, right!
    xo
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your list! I'm thankful for so many of those same things, and for you! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathryn!

    Blood Kiss! I haven't read the rest of the BDB series...but this one looks tempting. Wondering if I have to finish the other series to try it. Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read every book in the BDB series and this one is the first in a spin off series. Know little about it but will know more next week!

      Delete
  15. What a lovely thoughtful post. It sums up many of the reasons I decided to give book blogging a go after years of lurking, reading and wishing I could be part of things. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your gratitude list! That's the Thanksgiving spirit!

    I have heard good things about Big Little Lies.

    I know it's not a holiday week where you are, but I hope you enjoy your books anyway!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how even though you are outside the US, you've compiled a list of things you are thankful for. A lot of what your list consists of are things we can all agree with and be thankful for too. I'm in the UK, so we don't celebrate Thanksgiving either, but this time of year I think we all reflect a little more on the things we are thankful for.

    I hope you enjoy your upcoming reads - and thank YOU for hosting this meme!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a terrific post.

    I love both Kimberley Belle and Barbara Delinsky's books. ENJOY!!

    Going to check out your review of Along the Infinite Sea...love Beatriz Williams' books too.

    And last but not least...what a wonderful list of things to be thankful for.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you have heard of Kimberley Belle Elizabeth, it's the first time I have come across her.

      Delete
  19. What a lovely list, Kathryn...I'm so glad and thankful to have found you by way of book blogging!!!

    I have Kimberly Belle's book on my list to read...I hope to get to it soon!

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots to be thankful for :) And thank you for taking up the meme

    Have a great week
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh, thanks for mentioning the Two Person Book Club. :) In today's post I have a question for the readers - One I need help in answering ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved Big Little Lies! Wonderful Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Barbara Delinsky but I haven't read one of her's in awhile. Thanks for reminding me of her. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Barbara Delinsky title looks great. I will look for that one at my book store.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your fiction reads look like perfect reads for this time of the year. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Australia doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving either, but it doesn't hurt to think about the things we are grateful for. Love your list. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. We're all thankful that you are hosting us on Mondays! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you as well for hosting every week and for sharing such wonderful titles always. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...