It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!
This week as it has Thanksgiving coming up and many of you celebrate that, I thought I would share ten things I am grateful for:
- the book blogging world of YOU
- the wonderful book recommendations that others share
- the generosity of people and their example that inspires me, and thinking in particular of Sheila at Book Journey's post - A Two Person Book Club, that rippled out and made me act too in my own world.
- the variety in reading I find on this meme - we all read such various things, but we all share the love of reading
- for authors who provide us with our reading and for the books these authors write that are full of hope, courage and goodness. For the way in which they show that the power of good overcomes evil.
- a special thanks to Helen at Hachette NZ - a thank you for finding me and my blog this year. I have always envied those bloggers who are close to the publishing world and review paperback books!
- for those who share their knowledge online - in many ways and in particular this week those who showed me on You Tube how to get the end of a broken light bulb out of the socket! Feeling very proud of myself now!
- for family - especially all those delightful young recent arrivals in the last few years. I love the viewpoint of a young child!
- for friends - there when I want some social time
- for life - especially for my first year of retirement. Love it.
IMWAYR Thanksgiving Giveaway
Also to thank you all for continuing to participate in It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I am giving away this week, to two participants a $12 (U.S.) gift voucher to Amazon or a book to that value from the Book Depository. There will be one giveaway for the linking of a IMWAYR post and one giveaway to a commenter on one of those posts. Sorry my post doesn't count! (The commenter must be a person who has also written a IMWAYR post.) I will draw it using random.org and will notify the winners next weekend as often people link up as the week goes on.
What I read last week:
Enjoyed all the above - I won't be reviewing most of them on the blog, and I am so happy to finally read Big, Little Lies. 4 stars as was Born in Death and Pagan Stone. Sidekick I am reviewing - 3 stars. All Night Long - just finished and really enjoyed. 4 stars.
What I am reading at present:
Blood Kiss J R Ward (freshly arrived on my door step for review)