May 14, 2014

Judgement in Death. J.D.Robb

Judgement in Death
Judgement in Death
J.D. Robb
Published: Piatkus reissue 2011
Format: Paperback
Pages: 446
Genre: Suspense
Source: Local library.
An elite drinking club - Purgatory - where the sinful commit more sin.  And where a young undercover cop has met a grisly end: bludgeoned to death, his body scattered with thirty silver pieces.  A message is being sent to a shocked police force.  And homicide lieutenant Eve Dallas is furious.

But things are not as they seem. Helped by her billionaire husband's extensive hacking skills, Eve identifies a sickening web of corruption that has taken over the entire police department.  Dangerous secrets are being hidden and time is running out.

An old enemy and an old flame, a criminal driven mad by drugs and a killer acting on revenge - as the elements become twisted and confused in Eve's mind, she must rely on her instincts as never before.

My thoughts
Judgement in Death is #11 in the In Death series by J. D. Robb.  It had all the factors that have made the In Death series popular, and I have to say kept me reading into the night to finish it.  I read it far faster than I thought I would.  As usual I didn't pick the killer, but to be fair I don't think all the clues were dropped for me to be suspicious.  Although a number of the police characters were under suspicion from my point of view!

I like this series because while it does have a few gory details in every book, they are not a big part of the book, I think these books are at my level for tolerating suspense and descriptions that are likely to scare.  I can sleep after reading them!

Eve and Roarke's relationship as always takes a centre stage, in this book Roarke even gets somewhat annoyed with Eve because of how she pushes him back in police related work.  Also he will not tolerate anyone deliberately setting out to harm or kill Eve.  Eve of course believes she can take care of herself!  An old flame turns up of Eve's as well and that little side story creates a little more tension and fun.

Powerful characters,  a well paced plot and riveting conflict gains this book top marks from me.  

5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...